2 Suggestions: Waypoints & Fast draw when wielding an item

1. Ability to set a waypoint on the main map which displays an arrow either on the minimap, main screen, or both.

2. Ability to fast draw a handgun from a holster even when already wielding an item.

Just activate holster when holding something.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:2, topic:6280”]Just activate holster when holding something.[/quote]Tried that, unless it’s been fixed in the past week it only works for scabbards, sheaths, and boots.

I did not know this was a thing, and that is awwesome. Do you end up with the item equipped, or is it a single hit?

A low-resolution arrow would be, well, low resolution, would an arrow that can only point in 4 different directions suffice? A high resolution arrow would seem to violate the current aesthetic, but that could just be me… How would you feel about a numerical bearing in degrees from north clockwise and a distance indicator? Sounds as though it would add a check to every move or something along those lines. It probably would not affect performance noticeably by itself, but you need to be careful about letting these sorts of things run away with you… It is also sort of difficult to justify in the absence of a map and compass or enough landmarks to discern your relative position to the target.
Trying to think about what it would be like. I could set a marker to the edge of the forest so that I know where to aim when driving off-road and it would let me immerse myself in the driving without checking on the map frequently, but I can leave landmarks on the ground if I want to use the path frequently. Could locate that once building that I am looking for, but towns are pretty blocky, so it should be possible to find the street by counting and from there the building should be easy. Place a marker on those corpses that you didn’t have time to loot? Ehhh, the map seems fine, and dead reckoning on a scattering of corpses in a field is not terribly realistic…
Ocerall, I would not oppose it in any way, but it seems too redundant with the current map and note system to be worthwhile…

Activate holster and it’ll be in your hand.

Press f with nothing in your hands and you’ll pull out your pistol.

I like waypoint for underground. the underground map is very hard to read. I tend to avoid science labs with the change in style because its such a hassle to find my way around. if i can have a waypoint and auto-walk back, it would make it more fun and less of a hassle.

This would be easy. It would be some kind of Auto Note Maker, that makes the arrow. We already have some kind of support to make lines like that, for example, when you point your gun.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:6, topic:6280”]Activate holster and it’ll be in your hand.

Press f with nothing in your hands and you’ll pull out your pistol.[/quote]

If you press f with nothing in your hands, does it cost the same amount of action points as it would if you manually equipped than fired? Like, is this just a convenience for the player, or is it actually a gameplay advantage in terms of saving you action points? I hope the latter, I’ve been doing martial arts styles lately, and the idea of suddenly whipping out a handgun is awesome!

[quote=“Paquito, post:9, topic:6280”][quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:6, topic:6280”]Activate holster and it’ll be in your hand.

Press f with nothing in your hands and you’ll pull out your pistol.[/quote]

If you press f with nothing in your hands, does it cost the same amount of action points as it would if you manually equipped than fired? Like, is this just a convenience for the player, or is it actually a gameplay advantage in terms of saving you action points? I hope the latter, I’ve been doing martial arts styles lately, and the idea of suddenly whipping out a handgun is awesome![/quote]
If I recall correctly, fast draw counts for less move points than manual equipping. I know that with certain melee weapons, you can draw and attack for the cost of just an attack, Iaijutsu style.

EDIT: Weapons, not strikes. Duh.