Version 0.C-4084 / 0.C-8419-g93c2d5b
- Started a new game with maximum city spacing: 8.
- At some point (still early game) used a tourist guide. A whole bunch of roads were added to the world map, possibly more than before.
- Later found an EVAC shelter and used the computer to get the refugee center location.
That’s when the game stalls and goes unresponsive for about 10 seconds. Upon looking at the overmap no refugee center can be found, neither by searching manually or by using the map’s search function. If the refugee center does exist, it’s who knows where. Also note I reported the broken map search function earlier:
Suggested steps to reproduce:
- Start a new game with city spacing set to maximum (8).
- Summon yourself a tourist guide with debug commands and use it.
- Find an EVAC shelter and proceed to there, possibly with the assistance of debug commands.
- Use the EVAC shelter computer.
I mean I’m guessing it’s the tourist map that sort of reserved everything, leaving no room for the refugee center to spawn.
Also, it would’ve been nice to realize earlier that ‘overmap’ doesn’t mean the entire world map, but just a section of it.
‘Current overmap’ is where the search function is limited, isn’t it? That’s why it doesn’t find all the valid targets matching the search phrase. It doesn’t search through the neighboring “overmaps”.
I… just… I don’t even.
Started a new game as an Evacuee, just to test this further. City spacing 8. Used the shelter computer, and the location was supposedly marked… but still didn’t actually get the refugee center on the map. Either it’s really far away and impossible to locate, or it isn’t spawned at all.
Could I perform a search in my save folder if I performed a search to find text inside the files? I do have the software for it, I just don’t know what I’m looking for. I mean, I’d like to find the refugee center location within the save files.
Yeah, I’m not getting the refugee center on the map at all. City spacing 1, same result, no ref center.
Even if the refugee center was on the map, locating is still often an issue that should’ve been addressed months ago. Either by improving the search function or increasing the map scrolling speed, which I personally find painfully slow.