[0.9ma windows] Weather changing once a minute

Pretty sure this is a bug. I get that the weather in New England is pretty volatile, but it doesn’t change once a minute, on the minute, 1440 times a day. If it might be a cause, I recently lowered the season length for this world.

You’re sure you didn’t set your weather settings to “Ohio” levels?

In all seriousness, it sounds like the bug that came out when you set the ‘starting season’ anything but spring

I thought we had fixed this…

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:2, topic:4097”]You’re sure you didn’t set your weather settings to “Ohio” levels?

In all seriousness, it sounds like the bug that came out when you set the ‘starting season’ anything but spring[/quote]

That’s interesting. I recently started a new world in winter, although this is occuring on my old world. I’ll try fiddling with that setting to see what happens.

update:
Tried deleting the other worlds and making sure the setting was still on spring in the login UI (before selecting world). No change.
Verified settings on current world. No change.
Adjusted season length. No change.
Adjusted starting season on current world to Winter. Saved changes. No change.
Reverted stating season on current world to Spring, adjusted season length. Weather problem appears to have resolved, but the current day of the season jumped from about 65 (don’t recall exactly) to 49.
Played around with season length some more. No changes (weather problem remains resolved).

Hope some of this helps. One way or the other it looks like your suggestion about the starting season was accurate, and my personal problem is solved at least, so thanks for that :slight_smile:

Hrm, so this happens because the weather only changes one “step” at a time, normally each step is at least 10 minutes long, and usually a few hours, you know, weather like. If the game thinks the current time is far in the past compared to the weather, it’ll rapidly advance through all the changes until it catches up.

All I can think of is that the weather list and turn counter are getting out of sync when you load the old save, so maybe we need to take a look at the load code and see if it’s doing something weird.