[0.9 Stable] Spiders wont drop chitin

I cleared out an entire house of giant black widow spiders, butchered each of 'em, and didn’t find a single chunk of chitin. I checked the files and they’re flagged with chitin, so to my knowledge they should drop it.

What’s your survival skill and what you’re using to butcher them with?

4, and I don’t know if it’s using my Rising Sun or my machete for it, either one. I’ve since ran into two jumping spiders and got chitin from each one.

Do you think a flaming katana or a huge metal knife is good for butchering?

Obviously not the katana, but the machete is probably a lot better. If you find a butchering knife, keep it in your boots (if you wear 'em) or in your inv. If you have any other knives, drop them a bit aways and butcher the body with only the butchering knife.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:4, topic:4082”]Do you think a flaming katana or a huge metal knife is good for butchering?

Obviously not the katana, but the machete is probably a lot better. If you find a butchering knife, keep it in your boots (if you wear 'em) or in your inv. If you have any other knives, drop them a bit aways and butcher the body with only the butchering knife.[/quote]
General advice aside, something is up when 20 giant black widow spiders don’t drop chitin. Jumpers do it no problem.

Then that’s weird. KEVVIINNN

There’s a boo boo in the game! KEVIN TO THE RESCUEEEE :DDD

Assuming that you are butchering “giant” jumping spiders and black widows there isn’t anything that I can think of that would cause this other then bad luck/you mangling . Both spiders have literally identical stats for determination of butchery products (both have “CHITIN” and are the same size) so they should return approximately the same returns. Only thing I can think of is you potentially using different weapons for the widows then the jumping spiders? If a corpse is mangled it will return less butchery results, and if you were overkilling the widows more they would return less chitin then the jumping spiders.

Yes, they were all giant. I used the Rising Sun to kill all of them too. Like I said, the sample size was at least 20 black widows, and I even savescummed to see if it’d change anything. Then I downloaded the latest version to try it again, and got the same result. Then I savescummed again, drove around town, took a nap, and came back to the entire house being empty.