0.7 not working on Mac?

Hi all,

I cannot get 0.7 to work on my Mac, with everything up to date on my system (at least all the Apple-suggested updates, including X-code libraries).

I get this form Terminal:

localhost:~ XXXX$ /Users/XXXX/Desktop/cataclysmdda-0.7/cataclysm-launcher ; exit; dyld: Library not loaded: /home/narc/src/darwin/usr/i686-apple-darwin9/usr/lib/libintl.8.dylib Referenced from: /Users/XXXX/Desktop/cataclysmdda-0.7/./cataclysm Reason: Incompatible library version: cataclysm requires version 10.0.0 or later, but libintl.8.dylib provides version 9.0.0 /Users/XXXX/Desktop/cataclysmdda-0.7/cataclysm-launcher: line 3: 8132 Trace/BPT trap: 5 ./cataclysm logout

Would that be related to Mountain Lyon not supporting Gettext anymore (Gettext having been implemented in 0.7)?

I can still run 0.6 just fine.

Love from Copenhagen

I’m seeing the same thing. I’m going to try and compile it and I’ll report back.

Edit:
So much has changed since .6. I can’t compile anything due to gettext. I am also on mountain lion. No time to deal with this tonight but I hope someone gives the mac client some love :frowning:

Well, I have looked a bit further but I could not really find any solution… I am not very good at this though… Anyone?

You hav to manually add the liraries to the LDFLAGS variable. This works for me:

git clone https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA.git
cd Cataclysm-DDA
make NATIVE=osx RELEASE=1 OSX_MIN=10.6 LDFLAGS=’-L/usr/lib -lncurses -lintl -L/usr/local/Cellar/gettext/0.18.2/lib/ -L/usr/local/opt/sdl/lib -L/usr/local/opt/sdl_ttf/lib -F/System/Library/Frameworks/ -framework CoreFoundation -framework Cocoa’ CXXFLAGS=’-I/usr/local/opt/gettext/include -I/usr/local/opt/sdl/include/SDL/ -I/usr/local/opt/sdl_ttf/include/ -I/usr/local/opt/sdl/include’

The “-L” and “-I” directories will probably need to change slightly for others. The key was to manually link to libncurses, libintl, and the Frameworks. Note that I used brew to install gettext, sdl, and sdl_ttf. If you used the instructions from the website to install the SDL framework, add FRAMEWORKS=1 and remove the sdl directories from LDFLAGS. Just thought I would share so that other Mac users can get playing. I didn’t try TILES=1. I removed FRAMEWORKS=1 since I used brew to install SDL.