[OSX] Terminal cant open .7 on 10.6

Last login: Tue Jul 16 20:30:54 on ttys000
/Users/misterwiggles/Downloads/cataclysmdda-0.7/cataclysm-launcher ; exit;
unknown002436b52e3c:~ misterwiggles$ /Users/misterwiggles/Downloads/cataclysmdda-0.7/cataclysm-launcher ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: /home/narc/src/darwin/usr/i686-apple-darwin9/usr/lib/libintl.8.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/misterwiggles/Downloads/cataclysmdda-0.7/./cataclysm
Reason: image not found
/Users/misterwiggles/Downloads/cataclysmdda-0.7/cataclysm-launcher: line 3: 710 Trace/BPT trap ./cataclysm

[Process completed]

I can open up .6 just fine.

It looks like the library “libintl.8.dylib” didn’t get dealt with properly. Hopefully that will get fixed within the day. I’ll leave a note for narc to check on that.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for the issues caused >.<


I have some bad news – I don’t think the build environment I have for Mac is fixable, so I’ll probably need to rebuild it altogether. What I’m going to try is to get a Mac VM going, so that I have a better source of libraries and things for the cross-compiler, but this may take a few days.

If you’re willing to help out with testing (once there’s some testing to do), would it be possible for you to hang out on the IRC? We don’t seem to have anyone with a Mac on there, which is why this issue has gone undetected for as long as it has.

Yea, sure.

I’ve been known to hang out in IRC land from time to time.

Just wanted to say that I got 07.1 to build on OSX 10.7.5.

git clone https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA.git
cd Cataclysm-DDA
make NATIVE=osx RELEASE=1 OSX_MIN=10.6 LDFLAGS=’-L/usr/lib -lncurses -lintl -L/usr/local/Cellar/gettext/0.18.2/lib/ -L/usr/local/opt/sdl/lib -L/usr/local/opt/sdl_ttf/lib -F/System/Library/Frameworks/ -framework CoreFoundation -framework Cocoa’ CXXFLAGS=’-I/usr/local/opt/gettext/include -I/usr/local/opt/sdl/include/SDL/ -I/usr/local/opt/sdl_ttf/include/ -I/usr/local/opt/sdl/include’

The “-L” and “-I” directories will probably need to change slightly for others. The key was to manually link to libncurses, libintl, and the Frameworks. Note that I used brew to install gettext, sdl, and sdl_ttf. Just thought I would share so that other Mac users can get playing while you redo your Mac build environment. I didn’t try TILES=1. I removed FRAMEWORKS=1 since I used brew to install SDL.

I have OS 10.8.4 and can test a thing or two if needed. Eagerly waiting for Mac 0.7x builds!

I am also on 10.8.4 and can test new builds if needed. :slight_smile: