Latest experimental features

[quote=“KA101, post:100, topic:5582”]Half the capacity, yeah. I’m from Pennsylvania and the Zippo museum/plant is in Bradford, so I’m irrationally fond of 'em. :wink:

(How can you not love the guarantee? Send 'em your nonfunctioning Zippo and they’ll repair or replace. No matter what happened to it. Examples: ran over by airplane, chewed up by cocker spaniel, “it got mixed in with a 10,000 ton press and will no longer serve me efficiently”.)[/quote]

Now I want a Zippo. :l

It’s like the Craftsman™ warranty, I knew a guy in AL that made pretty decent money returning Craftsman hand tools he found on the side of the road, and selling the replacements.

Yeah zippos are very good I own a few.

As said I could intentionally run it over

Send it in they will repair or replace if none fixable.

Not just that there decent in windy conditions.
Umm

Your lighter fails to light its to windy.

Implement that into game :slight_smile: gives zippos an edge in being used :slight_smile:

[quote=“stk2008, post:103, topic:5582”]Yeah zippos are very good I own a few.

As said I could intentionally run it over

Send it in they will repair or replace if none fixable.

Not just that there decent in windy conditions.
Umm

Your lighter fails to light its to windy.

Implement that into game :slight_smile: gives zippos an edge in being used :)[/quote]

There is a weather rework in progress, but I’m not sure whether modeling wind’ll make it in. Realistic current-work tends to be EXPENSIVE IIRC.

Hi

And cool look forward to it tbh I look forward to every update really appreciate the dedication you all have for this

Thanks

Armor seems much less effective, archery seems a lot less OP from last time I played, the zombie AI seems to be a bit smarter and seem to circle around you more instead of running at you in a straight line, they also seem to avoid stepping into bushes, so its a good bit harder to use terrain to kill them, especially when there’s more than one. Overall the game seems to have become a bit more difficult, which is good. Can start in a house or a evac center now. The colored messages and combat improvements are a HUGE difference. I never knew I wanted them but now that i’ve experienced it I doubt I could ever play without them.

You have to actually look in books to find out what their contents are, so the days of entering a library and immediately knowing whats inside of every book and how it improves your skills are gone, although I know most books by heart now. On a similar note, reading a book in shady lightning is still possible, but slower.

New buildings: Fitness gym, boxing gym, home improvement store, antique store, and arcade.

Found a bullwhip. It’s… the best.
“Stay back, ya bastards! HIYAAAH!”

…and then I accurized it with a sewing kit. HELL YEAH.

I looked at that bullwhip and decided against it. Was there something I missed other than BULL. WHIP.?

It’s a bullwhip. You know, the one like Indiana Jones uses.

Yeah, I know it’s cool. I just don’t think it’s effective.

(Aside: Snakes have never given me any trouble in Cataclysm. They’re one of the few animals I feel a bit bad for killing.)

Wha- I killed a zombie in 3-4 hits with it!

3-4 hits? That’s not bad… I might give it a try. The bolt thrower’s taking up too much of my weight allowance anyway.

It’s a quick ranged weapon with unlimited ammo, range of 3 (or was it 4?) and it utilizes the melee skill. What’s not to like?!

Ah-em I saw a music option but no music [glow=red,2,300]:([/glow] but then again every time i went to start a game it crashed when i went to profesions

That’s not a feature that’s a bug, you should go report that to the bug section of the forums.

I’m not 100% sure it’s the experimental, but I think this is new content. I broke into a fortified house (boarded up windows & locked doors), got to the main room which had a few beds in the middle, a kitchen area with a fireplace and cupboards containing canned goods, racks of firearms on another wall. Inside were 4 Zs. Two survivors. One child. A necromancer. Felt right putting 'em to rest and chopping up the bodies so they wouldn’t rise no more, but that didn’t outweigh the bad feeling from the scene. No, the only thing that could wipe that away was getting shot in the head by one of those upgraded turrets…

Those kinds of houses hwve been around for a while now.

OK. Creeped me out enough to share, anyway - and getting killed by a turret shot through a heavy survivor helmet and duralloy plating is still novel. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok so I recently got around to extracting a semi-recent (like a few days old) experimental version and I noticed while it was extracting there was a file called dreams, does that mean that survivors can have like dream adventures? That would be pretty cool.

Also mod called experimental Z-Level buildings, can’t wait to see them! :smiley:

Edit: Almost forgot to add some stuff, it looks like there is some new professions and some existing ones changed. For example the shower victim now starts with a towel and soap instead of nothing and the description was changed to accommodate that (With a Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe reference, fits with the towels actual description too.).

No dream adventures I’m afraid, just reports you having dreams sometimes when you sleep.