Alec White's Random Stuff

Collection of random stuff and useful additions, for latest experimental version.

Food processor:

Made with 4 metal scraps, 4 heating elements, 2 small motors, 2 copper cables and one pot.
Able to process oats, bone and corn into their respective meals, and turns wheat into flour.

Really one of my favourites additions.

Uncooked Hotdogs:

[spoiler]

…why not just allow sausages in the recipe? :V[/quote][/spoiler]

Added sausages as hotdogs healthy totally non-vegetarian alternative :V

Combo Pizza:

[quote=“Pyrite, post:2688, topic:5570”]I really should be able to make a combo pizza, with both meat and vegetables. I have onions, and I have meat, and these would naturally be delicious in a pizza together.[/quote]

Copypasted the veggy pizza, added meat and cheese ingredients, and halved their amount. Increased the nutrition value and fun value.

Download Link

Sewing Machines:

[spoiler]

[quote=“Goombah, post:18, topic:5570”]Sewing machines.

Seriously.

Why the hell can’t I get a sewing machine?

Game effect would be to just make tailoring faster or maybe make it easier at the small possibility of injuring your hand at low levels of skill, or maybe do more with less stuff due to machined precision or /something/.[/quote][/spoiler]

No craftable, 30% spawn rate in livingrooms(got very foggy the spawn mechanics). Replaces the sewing kit, halves the crafting times of armor items, and increases in one the difficulty.

Learned Python exclusively for this, made script, everything is better now

Download link

Elementary Schooler

Because reasons.
Download link

Will update as I keep playing and updating my own version of CDDA exp to latest.

If there’s something wrong tell me and I’ll try to fix it.

There’s a better way, but it’s also harder.
Writing a python script to load it all, change the values and dump the modified recipes into a new file.
Python has a json interpreter with an option to save stuff.

You could start with the online github interface, without downloading the program at first.
The online interface is heavily simplified and can’t do a lot of things, but it’s enough for json changes (for example, recipes). The simplification makes it way easier to get, because everything is so much more obvious.

I’d rather do it by allowing sausages where uncooked hot dogs are used in other recipes.

I'd rather do it by allowing sausages where uncooked hot dogs are used in other recipes.

That’s a good idea.

Alec, I second using GitHub’s online interface for json changes.

[quote=“Alec White, post:1, topic:11064”]Searching about any other ways to process oatmeal I found this:

So I copypastedarandomtoolandeditedit made the Meal-O-Matic, that processes into meal oats, wheat(flour), bone and corn, in only 5 minutes!
Isn’t this basically a food processor? Not a complaint about the addition, just a suggestion for the name, so people will know what it is, and probably it will be used for a lot more things in the future.[/quote]

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:11064”]You could start with the online github interface, without downloading the program at first.
The online interface is heavily simplified and can’t do a lot of things, but it’s enough for json changes (for example, recipes). The simplification makes it way easier to get, because everything is so much more obvious.[/quote]

I’m really ashamed by the amount of time it has take me to more or less use git and github. I think I have managed to do it rightish.

Help would be appreciated, I’m totally lost and the help about it in the forum is still lacking a few things about branch names, policy about how much stuff to put in a same branch. And why git hates me.

[quote=“Zireael, post:3, topic:11064”]

I’d rather do it by allowing sausages where uncooked hot dogs are used in other recipes.

That’s a good idea.[/quote]

Done.

It kinda is, and after thinking about it I have changed the name. I would think about the heating abilities as a plus from the future or something.