Zombies Do Not Break Down Doors 9467b8c

after a thousand turns, tough zombie does not damage door, I halfway broke the door myself so it could get a look at me, the whump is me hitting the wall to give a reference to how much time has passed (note the coughing)

Yeah, I think this has been there a while. These zombies are lazy.

Wow so now there’s literally no threat if you stand behind a halfway broken door good job devs

It takes time for a single zed to break down a door, stronger zombies get through faster as do multiple zombies.

It takes time for a single zed to break down a door, stronger zombies get through faster as do multiple zombies.[/quote]

the zombie made no effort to break down the door whatsoever after a 1000 turns even with me banging around and in visual radius of it

It takes time for a single zed to break down a door, stronger zombies get through faster as do multiple zombies.[/quote]

the zombie made no effort to break down the door whatsoever after a 1000 turns even with me banging around and in visual radius of it[/quote]

Debug yourself a watch and wait five minutes, 1000 turns isn’t all that much time… …don’t think at least. A “short” wait is 300 “heartbeats” without a watch so…

So far we’re thinking something went missing in the wall-basher update, specifically zeds’ ability to effectively bash doors. (By itself, one zed isn’t capable of destroying a door. Needs at least two. We’re thinking that they don’t target/stack up effectively ATM.)

oh okay im glad i havent just gone crazy. I had a zombie and fat zombie outside a door and was smashing everything in the house to get them riled up, waited 24 hours, pausing to punch things, still the door of durin held…

Yea, the typical door is configured to prevent lone zombies from being capable of bashing it, but groups have a mob up effect that helps. The problem is they’re a bit too smart about not bothering when they know they can’t do it.

I’m looking at factoring in group bashing to the decision making, but it might be better to just make them a bit dumber, and they’d bash anything that got in their way.

minor separate but related, might want to give tough zombies the ability to break down the door alone since they are afterall, tough

though i suppose it gets philosophical after awhile, tough in what way? tough of limb? of will? (or lack thereof)? a grittier zombie who grew up in the brainless mean streets of a heavily barricaded neighborhood?