Your stomach feels so empty

I’d made a topic about this earlier actually, and I can say after hearing I was under the recommended calorie amount, I adopted a system of eating things whenever the status was blank. Basically once Peckish vanished, I’d have a cracklin, some kind of snack, etc, when I saw Hungry I’d eat something bigger. Drink before “Thirsty” even showed up, but not if I was already Slaked or Hydrated.

It was kind of a hassle to do this over the course of reading/welding/other activities that took a while, BUT. It absolutely did cure my constant ‘empty stomach’ message issue. So I’d just like to lend some weight to what Trigon said here, seems like eating often, even if its light, really helps over time.

1 Like

Just a quick question about hunger. Under player stats, it says body mass or size or whatever is ‘big’ at the start of a new character. It says somethimg to the effect that you have a few extra lbs & its affecting your health slightly but nothing major.

Does this stat ever change? How’s my rancher girl ever going to get back into her tight jeans (not skinny jeans!)? My main survivor has almost 3.5 months surviving in game and has always had this stat. Same with my other test characters actually. I’ve tried just going nuts with lard and homemade wine (healthy AND appealing right?) as well as soup and veggies, yet she’s always big… No worse, thankfully, and no better.

My size continually teetered between ‘normal’ and ‘overweight’, back and forth.

If you starve her, she’ll start getting smaller. But being ‘overweight’ is not a big deal in-game. Issues don’t really arise until you’re multiple steps away from ‘normal’. (I’ve never seen ‘big’, though?)

Yep, just checked - weight is and always has been at big.

“You’ve put on some extra pounds. Nothing too excessive but it’s starting to impact your health and waistline a bit.”

You’re running crazy cataclysm, which changes those descriptors.
Big == overweight.

Ohh, gotcha. Thank you. I still wonder why she never changes from big/overweight though. Like I said, I’ve went on soup & veggie diets (figured more mass to calorie ratio) and still no change. Guess she’s -still- eating too good.

Looks like I rolled up the farmer’s ugly daughter to survive the apocolypse, not the cute farmer’s daughter. :confused::grin:

It’s also worth noting since it came up several times here that “engorged” isn’t your target fullness. Just like in real life it’s better to not eat until your stomach feels like it’s about to rupture and you’re going to vomit food everywhere, and instead eat a smaller meal and have another one sooner.

do you have any mutations? some mutations like rats or other mammals burn through calories like crazy

Can we just eat 3 meals per day?

Depending on your diet and level of activity during the day, I think it’s possible.