Your ideas for new achievements and conducts

To keep you all updated: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/41438

1 Like

fallout:
drop a nuke (this has to be one)

First, all the milestones from the previous forum should be added as achievements, those were on a league of its own. maybe even if you completed a set gain one of the predecessors nickname as a title and get a kind of bonus or something, i remember one that was killing a hulk (with yourself )whit being thrown around by another hulk while naked

1 Like

Can you point me to them?

I think Ragno is referring to the Gods of the Cataclysm (Challenge Thread).

2 Likes

Gardener: Plant a seed

Green Thumb: Harvest a plant you grew

Parkour Expert: Dodge attacks 50 times

Danny DeYeet-o: Dodge 1000 attacks.

Started Blastin’: Slay 1000 enemies with firearms

yup, thats the one, never ascended to godhood myself though

2 Likes

Me neither. :grinning:

Update:

• Janitor: mop x amount of liquids
  • Arsonist: start x amount of fires
  • Cannibal: eat x amount of human flesh

I was a bit curious what the intended meaning is behind the conduct ‘Homo evolutis’? It looks and sounds like Latin, but it does not make a lot of sense. My immediate suggestions would be either ‘Homo evolutus’ (evolved man) or ‘Homo evolutionis’ (‘man of evolution’, but can also be understood as ‘evolved man’), but I thought I would ask here before making a change on the Github, if there was another intended meaning behind it.

Uncle Google: there is a book with that name, an ArsTechnica article and TedX talk, all using this expression. So unless proven otherwise I conclude it’s correct.

All of them written and perfomed Juan Enriquez, who coined the term. A search shows that almost no one else uses it. It can make sense if we understand it to mean ‘[becoming] a man by means of those things which have evolved’ referring to ‘evolutis’ an instrumental ablative (http://archives.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wordz.pl?keyword=evolutis; http://dcc.dickinson.edu/grammar/latin/ablative), but all other descriptions of humankind uses a noun and an adjective (Homo Erectus, Homo Sapiens), so I thought it would make more sense to use a similar construction here instead of a noun in the ablative plural. Perhaps he has a point deviating from the common framework by using an instrumental ablative (haven’t seen the TEDx talk), but I still think that the common framework looks nicer.

But if the intend is specifically to refer to Juan Enriquez’ phrase, then I have no objections. That’s why I asked first.

EDIT: I just noticed in one of my newer dictionaries that evolvo can also mean ‘develop’. Then it actually starts to make sense, if it refers to body enhancements. I still think the common framework looks nicer, but at least it isn’t incorrect. I retract.
evólvo -ere -vólvi -volútum: (3); develop, roll away, unroll, unfold

Using this specific term was not intended on singular reference to how it was used in book’s name and thus related works. Rather then that I assumed the term was correct by this artwork, and I admit that I might be deceived by this low hanging fruit. If you wish so you can change it accordingly.

Another small update:

i like it

i play The Last of Us: Part II,so I want to hit a head with a golf club

Thinking about a Stone Age conduct, where you can’t craft with any metal or other advanced materials, or use any tools/weapons/clothing made of the same. You’d be limited to stone and low-tech organic materials, like leather, plant fiber, chitin, etc.