"You practice your sewing"

Really, what causes this? What are the triggers between this happening and your character actually repairing/reinforcing the clothes in question? I know it has something to do with tailoring level.
Is there any way to deliberately trigger this, though? Its very useful for getting your tailoring skill up

AFAIK its is depending on your skill with some random element, no way to trigger it purposefully.

It happens when your tailoring result is lower than the succes bar but higher than the damage your clothes one.

[quote=“voskhod, post:1, topic:10023”]Really, what causes this? What are the triggers between this happening and your character actually repairing/reinforcing the clothes in question? I know it has something to do with tailoring level.
Is there any way to deliberately trigger this, though? Its very useful for getting your tailoring skill up[/quote]

there is a way to abuse it, actually.

You can practice your sewing on thread, so what you need is to pick up thread in stacks of one and practice your sewing on every piece of thread you have. Eventually, when you’re guaranteed to make them extra sturdy on the first try, this becomes too tedious, but to gain the first couple of levels, it should work just fine.

[quote=“Dlightfull, post:3, topic:10023”][quote=“voskhod, post:1, topic:10023”]Really, what causes this? What are the triggers between this happening and your character actually repairing/reinforcing the clothes in question? I know it has something to do with tailoring level.
Is there any way to deliberately trigger this, though? Its very useful for getting your tailoring skill up[/quote]

You can practice your sewing on thread, so what you need is to pick up thread in stacks of one and practice your sewing on every piece of thread you have. Eventually, when you’re guaranteed to make them extra sturdy on the first try, this becomes too tedious, but to gain the first couple of levels, it should work just fine.[/quote]

That is the most ridiculous exploit I’ve ever heard of. Also, you could assemble the threads into a short string, then disassemble it into threads. Can’t confirm rn, but I’d imagine it would give you regular non-sturdy thread, so you could repeat for low string budgets.

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:4, topic:10023”][quote=“Dlightfull, post:3, topic:10023”][quote=“voskhod, post:1, topic:10023”]Really, what causes this? What are the triggers between this happening and your character actually repairing/reinforcing the clothes in question? I know it has something to do with tailoring level.

You can practice your sewing on thread, so what you need is to pick up thread in stacks of one and practice your sewing on every piece of thread you have. Eventually, when you’re guaranteed to make them extra sturdy on the first try, this becomes too tedious, but to gain the first couple of levels, it should work just fine.[/quote]

That is the most ridiculous exploit I’ve ever heard of. Also, you could assemble the threads into a short string, then disassemble it into threads. Can’t confirm rn, but I’d imagine it would give you regular non-sturdy thread, so you could repeat for low string budgets.[/quote]

I just tested, made some small string and disassemble and it ended with the exact number of sturdy string I started with

Before making strings

After disassembling strings

NOTE: I already had around 11 small strings premade, and I somehow ended up with more reinforced strings than I started with

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:4, topic:10023”][quote=“Dlightfull, post:3, topic:10023”][quote=“voskhod, post:1, topic:10023”]Really, what causes this? What are the triggers between this happening and your character actually repairing/reinforcing the clothes in question? I know it has something to do with tailoring level.

That is the most ridiculous exploit I’ve ever heard of. Also, you could assemble the threads into a short string, then disassemble it into threads. Can’t confirm rn, but I’d imagine it would give you regular non-sturdy thread, so you could repeat for low string budgets.[/quote]

somehow i always thought i’m bad at exploits :D. Was always jealous on those people that manage to find them, maybe this is god’s revenge? :smiley: