Yo bro, I heard you like Manhacks

Spoiler warning!!!

So I was exploring a Lab, looking for and disinfectant, and I opened a door to find a Manhack reunion happening around the sounds of a Mi-go (who may or may not be crying for help).

Btw, there are like 30 more off screen :’|

I can just keep this door shut. But if you have any ideas on how to exterminate this pest, lemme hear them (other than an emp grenade, duh). This character is still kinda new so I don’t have much other than a pistol with 2 mags.

To defeat manhack, swing at it until it dies

They don’t deal much damage, you can get immune to their attacks with just cloth armor.
Fast, low-damage weapons are good against them. Combat knife, cudgel, quarterstaff etc.
You can speed it up a tiny bit by setting a fire and having them fly through it.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:11122”]To defeat manhack, swing at it until it dies

They don’t deal much damage, you can get immune to their attacks with just cloth armor.
Fast, low-damage weapons are good against them. Combat knife, cudgel, quarterstaff etc.
You can speed it up a tiny bit by setting a fire and having them fly through it.[/quote]

I don’t think that advice is going to be useful in the experimental build - they ignore traps (which I think includes fire). Also, they seem to have had their damage or possibly armor piercing buffed a bit - even my fully survivor-armored character takes damage from them occasionally.

In return, I think they were made a little easier to hit (they used to be darn near impossible for a new character to hit, now they are just very hard).

Also, in experimental, there’s a cap on how many of them scientists drop.

a few grenades match bombs will clear some out, and a cx4 storm will wipe them out 1 by 1.

Even a marlin or other .22

If you like Manhack stories, you should read about The Tragic Demise of Aaron Diaz: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=1477.msg16885#msg16885

Building a control laptop turns those manhack reunions from D8 to 8D
Super-easy to hack, and you can deactivate manhacks you control and carry them around for when you need a shiny flying death machine. They make great distractions and tear through acid zombies like tissue paper- and you can fix them when they break after some further electronics skill grinding.

Manhacks are pretty awesome. Portable, tear though hordes, weak to electiricity but not acid.

although they’ll take damage from combat they are as hard to hit for the enemy as they are you.

using them in small groups, you can crowd control much more easily.

Fire isn’t a trap, but I just checked field.cpp and it looks like they are immune to fire fields.
Not hardcoded as such, they just have 35 effective fire resistance due to being flying (15) and steel (20).
I thought their plastic parts gave them some vulnerability, because I remembered them getting damaged by fires. Looks like I remembered wrong.

Their damage is 2d4 bashing and 12 cutting. Enough against hulks, harmless against a midgame survivor.

how to fight against manhack? throw something at it! they are realy fragile and throwing have great accuracy

It’s somewhat mid-game already, but chain lightning will destroy a group of manhacks in a jiffy. Zombie scientists now have a limit to how many manhacks they release so you won’t encounter massive hordes of manhacks anymore.

I think you may take some dmg from electricity attack of the manhack, but for the other part they are harmless.