Wrecked survivor vehicles

Put some totally wrecked vehicles in with the sorts of things that would be found on one of the vehicles we’d weld together. multiple engines, batteries, several tanks,etc. the only concern I can think of there would be that a wrecked welding rig might give a welder, or more solar cells from something that would have a bunch of those.

I belive this was discussed at one point or another… …can’t remember why it was turned down but I still think it’d be a good idea.

Especially with how the bloody road blocks can ruin your day.

Probably something with having to write in the “survivor vehicles”, as well as the Stuff involved.

(Timing, too. Would need to implement a season check or something.)

Sorry that my roadblocks are beating the MFB, though. Hoping the roller drums are useful for you, at least. FWIW broken tank drones can be disassembled for a crapload of parts. Two large electric motors per plus a lot of other stuff.

[quote=“KA101, post:3, topic:7533”]Probably something with having to write in the “survivor vehicles”, as well as the Stuff involved.

(Timing, too. Would need to implement a season check or something.)

Sorry that my roadblocks are beating the MFB, though. Hoping the roller drums are useful for you, at least. FWIW broken tank drones can be disassembled for a crapload of parts. Two large electric motors per plus a lot of other stuff.[/quote]

Not so much the MFB that the roadblocks are beating. I haven’t had a “lucky” start in a /very/ long time. Pretty much all of my starts have been bad to worse fast, haven’t had the time to scrounge up the parts.

As far as survivor vehicles are concerned it’d just be replacing a few of the cars and so on with variants that have small additions, things like turrets, beds, RV kitchens… All in places they shouldn’t be and so on, then keeping them from spawning anywhere but on the roads without gas, so on and so forth.

The problem is the big, story worthy vehicles that nobody’s going to want to add :stuck_out_tongue:

if you have ideas for story worthy vehicles, we could add some.
If their quirks tell some story, it may be very nice to have the player find the story by finding a vehicle.

Eg. A half built tank that was forced to get used as-is because of a zombie horde, abandoned due to a wheel failing, then used months later from another survivor, who decided to remove the other wheels, expand it and use it a permanent armored electricity powered base…
…until he died from a turrent while lab-raiding and a locar bear thrashed it to get to the stashed food…

assuming the survivors have left some notes, either in “survivor’s notes” or carved in items, the story might tell itself…