Working as intended? And some other bugs

1: Converting plastic to metal

Currently it is possible to convert plastic bottles in the scrap metal. All you need is amplifier circuit, 10 cooper wire, plastic bottle and some electronics skill. Then you can make a flashlight and disassemble it. You get your amplifier and wire back, plus 4 scrap metal.

2: Safe-mode troubles with animal empathy

Some animals (dogs, giant wasps) are in tracking mode when you see them. This will disable safe-mode, even if the animals are not hostile to you. Other big animals (bears, wolfs, cougars) are ignoring you, until you get close enough. Wasps will get hostile if you get close enough, but dogs never will, thy just track you for a while and then start to ignore you.

3: Fur items are not made of leather

You can’t reinforce your fur trenchcoat and fur gloves, because they are not made of leather. Other fur clothing can be reinforced.

4: Description lines too long in information displays

Certain information displays don’t add line breaks for item descriptions. Most notably the full screen item information at the crafting menu. Other place where I noticed this was while x-mining environment, certain animal descriptions were not able to fit in info window (somehow giant wasps were shown in multiple lines, but coyote was not).

[quote=“VonCede, post:1, topic:1796”]1: Converting plastic to metal

Currently it is possible to convert plastic bottles in the scrap metal. All you need is amplifier circuit, 10 cooper wire, plastic bottle and some electronics skill. Then you can make a flashlight and disassemble it. You get your amplifier and wire back, plus 4 scrap metal.[/quote]

There’s all sorts of unfortunate side effects of the x-or-y components in the crafting system. You can also turn wooden crossbow bolts into steel ones via crossbow traps.

1. Hopefully this one shouldn’t take too long to eventually fix. I remember hearing word of a “component tracking” system idea a while ago. Once that eventually goes in then this problem shouldn’t happen anymore.

2)This is a good point. Really the game needs to have a “friendly tracking” state for dogs that doesn’t cause this, but right now it just isn’t in. It does involve rewriting a nice chunk of code though, so nobody has gotten around to doing it yet. As for wasps I don’t see too much of a problem, they are hostile afterall.

3)There’s currently a fix for this on the reviewing line on the git. With any luck it should be in the mainline fairly soon.

4)I’ve noticed this as well. Really it shouldn’t be solved with adding newlines though (since none of the item descriptions actually have new lines in them), but rather with a smart algorithm that will automatically insert a newline character where needed.

[quote=“VonCede, post:1, topic:1796”]3: Fur items are not made of leather

You can’t reinforce your fur trenchcoat and fur gloves, because they are not made of leather. Other fur clothing can be reinforced.[/quote]

You kinda answered your own issue with that one. If it’s made of fur, reinforce it with fur and not leather.

Some fur clothes can be reinforced with both fur and leather, some only accept fur.

I know this is a forum about zombies, but still… it’s been over 3 months after all.

Lol, I’ma save this picture and use it while I’m resurrecting old threads.