Woodstove has no advantage over brazier

Not sure if bug or not, but after code diving a bit, it seems that the woodstove does not in fact increase the fuel time of fuel put inside as compared to a home oven or a fireplace. Given that it is significantly more complex and expensive than a brazier, this is likely something that should be put back in.

I might also be reading the fire + terrain code incorrectly. If so, I apologize.

But it does. The advantage is that the fire dies out faster if not in a fire container furniture (brazier is a “trap”, not furniture).

There could be more advantages, such as limiting burn rate, but that would be a feature request, not a bug.

Doesn t the brazier generate smoke?

Nah that was removed a while ago.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:12549”]But it does. The advantage is that the fire dies out faster if not in a fire container furniture (brazier is a “trap”, not furniture).

There could be more advantages, such as limiting burn rate, but that would be a feature request, not a bug.[/quote]

Ah, thanks. I would put that in a request them.

Admittedly, the real use case of woodstoves is unfortunately not something that is relevant for Cataclysm - they’re mostly used for warmth and heat, not light, but its rare that I feel like I’m so cold in Cata that a fire would make a difference.