How did stoves/ovens/braziers change?

I noticed some comments saying these kind of things improved, but I am not understanding how, nor am I seeing a chance in game play. What am I missing?

Thanks!

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21418 This one?

that ought to be really nice, does this mean i can put a ton of wood in the brazier at once without wasting tons of it too?

that’s so good of a chance to no longer have to re-light them constantly even if that’s all.

Stoves and fireplaces are efficient, braziers only allow burning through everything.
That is, as long as the fire is contained, it will burn everything it is fed. In case of the brazier, it may actually sometimes be less efficient, because once all fuel is burned, the flame starts dying at accelerated rate (roughly 3 times), but it means you can burn logs and corpses without relighting everything over and over.
Stoves and fireplaces prevent this accelerated fire death, so you get 100% of the “fire power” from them.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:4, topic:14347”]Stoves and fireplaces are efficient, braziers only allow burning through everything.
That is, as long as the fire is contained, it will burn everything it is fed. In case of the brazier, it may actually sometimes be less efficient, because once all fuel is burned, the flame starts dying at accelerated rate (roughly 3 times), but it means you can burn logs and corpses without relighting everything over and over.
Stoves and fireplaces prevent this accelerated fire death, so you get 100% of the “fire power” from them.[/quote]

That’s a nice distinction I didn’t realize, but was just doing for RP/instinctual reasons. --I also imagine that these stoves are actual old-style wood burning, otherwise there’s no way just burning a fire in a kitchen oven would result in anything other than tons of smoke and a miserable experience trying to even boil water. :wink:

So…can you add fuel to a fire after it has started or not? I’m finding the info presented here not particularly informative, and I’m not sure if that’s my reading comprehension or not.

If you have a fire in a place where the fire cannot spread it will continue to burn as long as there is fuel.

Previously there was a chance for the fire to go out randomly without burning everything, this is still the case out in the open.

You can still add more fuel to a fire as much as you want, and I believe that a fire will burn up to 6 things at a time.