Wood gasifier engines

During times of oil shortage (especially during WII) combustion engines were converted to run on wood or coal using wood gasifiers. This fits the apocalyptic aestethic, is feasable to make with existing combustion engines, and is more practical than steam engines (at least in the short term).

Thoughts?

Interesting…

only problem i can think of is can a wood gasifier be built by a survivor? it looks like a complex chunk of machinery.

Actually one idea I had for a mod is that you could take apart some of the factory equipment you could find either from vaults in vanilla or factories and military compounds from more locations and I think tall buildings mount them on a vehichle frame and use them to build items that require better tools and or more precision than what hand tools could provide such as better survivor made guns.

You can actually ghetto one together with nothing but propane tanks and piping. That being said, I don’t know if they’d be compatible with most modern cars…

You can actually ghetto one together with nothing but propane tanks and piping. That being said, I don’t know if they’d be compatible with most modern cars…[/quote]
I also don’t think its a wise idea to mix biodiesel with regular diesel.

if you can weld - you can craft jetstream furnace for produce pyrolysis gas