Woke up and ALL the giant ants were dead - what the killed em?

Hi

Fairly new to the game. Just started and spawned near an ant nest. At first i thought this was bad but:
a) they are not very hostile so you can move through them easily
b) even if they are hostile they are very easy to kill (as a newb i was very suprised by this)

So am living off fluid sacs and ant meat…

But anyway, i woke up this morning and EVERYTHING outside the shelter was dead - i mean like dozens and dozens of ants (maybe spres as well).

Would be interested to know what caused this.

thanks

some will say the acid rain. Don’t believe them. We all know who did it, but we are too scared to even think about that.

probably acid rain, it kills any critters caught out in it.

ok - thanks

didn’t realise it was that powerful

will they respawn? (think i am playing static)

a great time to practice my butchery :slight_smile:

Yes, they will all respawn. The only creatures that don’t respawn are mechanical (turrets, security bots) and zombies.

Static only affects zombie spawn rate in cities. If you want to stop the ants you have to go down the anthill and kill the queen, although it sounds like you’ve got a pretty good deal with your current position so you might as well not do that.

I know it sounds weird, but I wish acid rain also dealt damage to the player again when they are caught out in it.

I’ve had some intense encounters where my character barely survived by like 2 turns because of acid rain, and that was what I found most enjoyable actually. Acid rain just causing a ton of pain is boring really because I can just pop 2 poppy painseed kills and ignore the rain basically.

[quote=“Labtop_215, post:8, topic:4965”]I know it sounds weird, but I wish acid rain also dealt damage to the player again when they are caught out in it.

I’ve had some intense encounters where my character barely survived by like 2 turns because of acid rain, and that was what I found most enjoyable actually. Acid rain just causing a ton of pain is boring really because I can just pop 2 poppy painseed kills and ignore the rain basically.[/quote]

A ton of pain does nothing, basically - I’ve had my char in 100 pain with no lasting side effects.

yeah, when your char gets 100 pain it should cause permanent, or at least long lasting, damage to your stats & skills, and also maybe cause temporary insanity.

I thought you could now die from having a lot of pain. Not sure.

The thing that gets me is you still seem to get the pain from acid rain while wearing 100% coverage waterproof gear.

For the first few minutes it should but it’s acid you’d be better off in full Plate then rain gear.