Why everyone needs to revive?

I just realized basically most people are really fed up with butchering, and some started to use Prevent Zombie Revivication as a Must Use mod. What about, to prevent that thing people have to BUTCHER ALL STUFF, what about if they have like, 1/3 chance to revive? For the love of randomization and for the love of feeling like you kill them for real, even if sometimes you don’t. It would also be a cool surprise for new players, because they would not discover that they revive, at least not that fast, making it some kind of secret.
To balance, we would need to make revived zombies have a little more life than they already do. What do you think?

You can smash bodies to stop them from reviving instead of butchering.

Yes, but it’s still kind of the same. At least you train, though.

I totally agree with your idea man. I’d even be ok with zombies reviving 100% of the time as “mangled zombies” that move even slower and are easier to kill. It takes me out of the game to have to stop and smash/butcher every time. Then again I usually play a super warrior drug addict class and I kill as many enemies as I can before I die without sleeping.

That s aproblem? i only butchersmash enemies that are a threat to me like hulks? the rest i mostly just ignore when i am strong enough and when i am not its not tedium at all to me cause it adds to my survival feel when i can barely kill the enemies and they start reviving again. In any case i do not see the problem.

Revived zombies are stupidly slow - it scales with how mangled the corpse was before rezing.
Regular (special-ability-less) zombies rezing is nearly pointless. It’s pretty much only an annoyance, a way of preventing melee skill rust (leave some unmangled punching bags, bash down when skill start rusting), a way to preserve tainted meats (for mutagen) and a requirement for zlaves (does anyone seriously use those?).

I imagine the original intent was creating situations like “Oh fuck, I have to run now, but I left unmangled corpses! This area is not safe and will get even worse in few hours.”. Instead it mostly creates “Oh fuck, I missed some unmangled corpses and they now repeatedly interrupt my crafting by going in and out of view at the edge of my line of sight.”.

Yeah that made me shoot dogs cats and other harmless wildlife… but i set up my crafting room where i can t see anything but work…then i wear plugs in my ears so i am deaf … no interupts~

Apart from that not every mechanic needs to make sense to me concerning gameplay as to me its more a depiction of “reality” then just a game. So the lore states that zombies revive?? Well make em ingame whether it serves any purpose or not. Maybe it can be annoying… it just doesn t annoy me.

I compulsively butcher everything I kill anyway whether it’s going to revive or not (those few precious points of Survival xp!), so I guess it doesn’t make any difference to me one way or the other.

I somehow doubt lowering the percentage of zed resurrections would really reduce the ‘corpse care’ of cautious survivors in any except the most extreme cases (ie: 5% chance.)

The facts that it’s a useful way to train survival and is essentially the most available method of eventual corpse elimination (rotting meat vanishes, ‘dead’ zed is forever) are also factors. Though, when I’m not running scientific/medically investigative/sociopathic characters I usually rely on mass pyres to clean up the mess (since proper burials didn’t seem to work quite right when I last tried it out a dozen or so characters ago.)

Ever seen how slow revived zombies are when they are in bad condition? That is the result of a damaged corpse rising back up.

Also, amusingly as far as i’ve seen, they revive without any clothes on, and usually die in one hit (From my fairly decent character).

I think of them more as atmosphere then tedium or challenge. It adds to my immersion greatly.

And sometimes i get into bad situation because of evived zombies… which is great as well :slight_smile:

The clothes thing breaks muy inmersión horribly.

The clothes thing breaks muy inmersión horribly.[/quote]

hush don t rub it in … i am pretending that doesn t happen.

The clothes thing breaks muy inmersión horribly.[/quote]

Nah, it’s like Looney Tunes physics, you hit them so hard you knocked them out of their clothes, which is also why it doesn’t take any time to undress them for looting purposes.

Take down scarred zombie
Take away arms and mouth
Put heavy armor in him
Strap C4 at armor
When revived, take him through leash

Explosive armored zombie bodyguard.

Well if your trying to immerse yourself in a zombie themed cartoon i guess your well served xD

[quote=“Wanderer, post:16, topic:7900”]…

Take down scarred zombie
Take away arms and mouth
Put heavy armor in him
Strap C4 at armor
When revived, take him through leash

Explosive armored zombie bodyguard.[/quote]

now you ll only have to make him walk where you need him without to much effort…