Why do beds disassemble into rags instead of a blanket?

Why do beds disassemble into rags instead of a blanket? If I need the blanket to recreate the bed elsewhere, it seems silly to be chopping up the blanket into rags for no good reason. And if that needs to be done for some reason, shouldn’t a cutting tool also be necessary to disassemble it?

Well, there’s an implication that the beds you find in the world don’t have blankets on them, just sheets, since a blanket is actually a piece of clothing to wear. When your character constructs a Makeshift Bed they use a blanket as the bed sheet (to cover up the wood planks the framework of the makeshift bed is made out of).

No idea why you get rags instead of a sheet, but I kinda like it because sheets an’t useful for anything except cutting into rags.

[quote=“IcedPee, post:2, topic:6262”]Well, there’s an implication that the beds you find in the world don’t have blankets on them, just sheets, since a blanket is actually a piece of clothing to wear. When your character constructs a Makeshift Bed they use a blanket as the bed sheet (to cover up the wood planks the framework of the makeshift bed is made out of).

No idea why you get rags instead of a sheet, but I kinda like it because sheets an’t useful for anything except cutting into rags.[/quote]

You can get rags from sheets by cutting them up using a knife or scissors, and the number of rags you get from that should be dependent on your tailoring skill, as is the case when you usually cut stuff up into rags. Disassembling beds should give you the components you need to make another bed. I think I’ll make this a suggestion in the suggestion forum.