Where Should I Go From Here?

i am 7 days into the game , From day 1 to 5 i lived in a house in my starting town and boarded it up , looted every building (2 alch stores , 1 office , 4 houses and some other shit ) and now i have a full shopping cart worth of stuff , also have a swiss knife and a glock with 7 mags worth of ammo , got a funnel and a jug to collect water and a whole load of non-perishable food , but on one day , zeds broke into my home , i was forced to leave , walked for 2 days , resting the night in a pine lean-to , now i found a cemetary and boarded it up , got funnels set up for water and right next to a forest so i can pick bushes and cook wild herbs for food , got the place boarded up and even have a makeshift bed

Where Should i go on from here ? i can post pics of the map and/or surroundings if needed

Are you looking for a goal, or more just general advice?

If you could post a screenshot of your character info screen and your map, I can tell you what I’d do in your present circumstances.

That said, if you have a glock with 7 mags, I really can’t picture how retaking your home from zombies would be much of a problem, unless you have Wander Spawns enabled.

[quote=“Solusphere, post:2, topic:12823”]Are you looking for a goal, or more just general advice?

If you could post a screenshot of your character info screen and your map, I can tell you what I’d do in your present circumstances.

That said, if you have a glock with 7 mags, I really can’t picture how retaking your home from zombies would be much of a problem, unless you have Wander Spawns enabled.[/quote]
I’ll try to get the pictures , yeah
and yes , hordes are on , but the house isnt really worth it , nothing left in it or the town it’s in , so that’s kinda useless to try and retake it

fucking brutes smashing down my walls and shit

[quote=“Gnorse, post:3, topic:12823”]and yes , hordes are on , but the house isnt really worth it , nothing left in it or the town it’s in , so that’s kinda useless to try and retake it

fucking brutes smashing down my walls and shit[/quote]

Oh, so you managed to save your stuff? It sounded like you’d left in a hurry.

Definitely good to know you have hordes on, it drastically affects what you can and can’t do. What are you using as a melee weapon?

Definitely need more info - character info, character agenda or end-game goals, current season, surroundings info.
Is there an acute emergency? Infections?

Oh dear… CDDA hotline (thread) for desperate situations.
(“Ja, zis iz nein-one-one. Watiz your emergency, bitte, mm?”)

i think these four pics should do the job

Right , so the next town is VERY close to a hell castle , which is the reason my HP is low , fucking imps and demons every where , the fema camp is COMPLETELY WIPED OUT , corpses everywhere , in the middle of it all , a demon and two imps stand proud
might have to start barricading
just had a nice meal of deluxe scrambled eggs and cooked wild herbs , great if ya ask me
oh , the base piles , one has perishables , one has emergency supplies which i’ll leave there in case i come back or another survivor does , one has the spare parts (2byfours and all) and the shopping cart is full of meds and unperishables and such

oh , and yes , i did leave in a hurry , but luckly , i had two doors between me and the zeds , which gave me enough time to put what i needed in the cart , which was pretty much full from the last raid so that’s a plus , smashed the window and high tailed it , sure , some shockers and brutes fucked that house up , and sure , some spitters destroyed me , but hey , i’m still alive ‘n’ kickin !

P.S : i named my glock 19 “betty” , dont get confused

Haha, I can tell you were running for your life at night by how little of the map you have mapped out on your path to your current location.

Disclaimer: I’ve never played with Arcana or PK rebalance enabled before, so I won’t be able to help you with the hell castle, and I have no idea what a cube of cursed beasts does.

The expandable baton is a servicable weapon if you have relevant martial arts, but I wouldn’t recommend it while injured and poorly armored. Make yourself a knife spear (or steel spear if you have access to a welder/acetylene torch). This will let you silently kill things with reach attacks while remaining out of harms way. Just keep in mind that knife spears are fragile, so you might want to make a spare.

The road termini to your northwest and east are likely to be labs or waste sarcophagi, or another similar isolated single tile location. I’d recommend checking those out first, as they’re nearby and are likely to be less populated.

The school to the far south of your map is a good potential target. There are shitloads of zeds there, but only children and regular zombies, so you should be able to manage it. Just take it one step at a time, and stay quiet. Schools usually have a library, which tends to have a bunch of skill books available, as well as a lot of non-perishable food.

Without more info on your surroundings, I can’t really think of much good advice beyond that.

[quote=“Solusphere, post:7, topic:12823”]Haha, I can tell you were running for your life at night by how little of the map you have mapped out on your path to your current location.

Disclaimer: I’ve never played with Arcana or PK rebalance enabled before, so I won’t be able to help you with the hell castle, and I have no idea what a cube of cursed beasts does.

The expandable baton is a servicable weapon if you have relevant martial arts, but I wouldn’t recommend it while injured and poorly armored. Make yourself a knife spear (or steel spear if you have access to a welder/acetylene torch). This will let you silently kill things with reach attacks while remaining out of harms way. Just keep in mind that knife spears are fragile, so you might want to make a spare.

The road termini to your northwest and east are likely to be labs or waste sarcophagi, or another similar isolated single tile location. I’d recommend checking those out first, as they’re nearby and are likely to be less populated.

The school to the far south of your map is a good potential target. There are shitloads of zeds there, but only children and regular zombies, so you should be able to manage it. Just take it one step at a time, and stay quiet. Schools usually have a library, which tends to have a bunch of skill books available, as well as a lot of non-perishable food.

Without more info on your surroundings, I can’t really think of much good advice beyond that.[/quote]
oh , the cube of cursed beasts is the debug artifact that let me see the who map for the screenshot
and it just so happens i have 4 science IDs ! but i’m not sure i’m ready to take on the turrets or whatever , the school i can take on , but that will be one hell of a morale hit
thanks , for now i’m trying to get that car nearby up and working , its actually in perfect condition , just has a busted battery
my cart has busted casters , so its making shit loads of sound while walking
oh and believe me , i never walked that much in the space of two days ever since i started playing , not even in the nomadic playthrough i did , but for now i’m just trying to reinforce the cemetry , since it seems perfect , and i dont have to use any of my non-perishables since i have access to wild herbs

i’ll go check the school if i need books or for a food raid

its a fucking god-send to play with NPCs on spawn rate of 0.05 , they nearly never spawn

thanks for the help , mate , i’ll just wait untill i’m patched up to go raid , anymore tips would be grand though !

[quote=“Gnorse, post:8, topic:12823”]oh , the cube of cursed beasts is the debug artifact that let me see the who map for the screenshot
and it just so happens i have 4 science IDs ! but i’m not sure i’m ready to take on the turrets or whatever , the school i can take on , but that will be one hell of a morale hit
thanks , for now i’m trying to get that car nearby up and working , its actually in perfect condition , just has a busted battery
oh and believe me , i never walked that much in the space of two days ever since i started playing , not even in the nomadic playthrough i did , but for now i’m just trying to reinforce the cemetry , since it seems perfect , and i dont have to use any of my non-perishables since i have access to wild herbs

its a fucking god-send to play with NPCs on spawn rate of 0.05 , they nearly never spawn

thanks for the help , mate , i’ll just wait untill i’m patched up to go raid , anymore tips would be grand though ![/quote]

Don’t worry about the lab turrets. If you use a science ID, the turret on the ground floor despawns, as do most of those on the floor below. Just remember to keep your flashlight off when opening doors. If a door is lit, it’s probably because there’s a turret watching it. You can probably deal with everything else down there other than security bots and zombie bio-operators, which you can USUALLY avoid conflict with. Just don’t get complacent and start holding down a direction key once you’ve mostly cleared a floor. I’ve lost an embarrasing number of lab starts that way.

[quote=“Solusphere, post:9, topic:12823”][quote=“Gnorse, post:8, topic:12823”]oh , the cube of cursed beasts is the debug artifact that let me see the who map for the screenshot

thanks for the help , mate , i’ll just wait untill i’m patched up to go raid , anymore tips would be grand though ![/quote]

Don’t worry about the lab turrets. If you use a science ID, the turret on the ground floor despawns, as do most of those on the floor below. Just remember to keep your flashlight off when opening doors. If a door is lit, it’s probably because there’s a turret watching it. You can probably deal with everything else down there other than security bots and zombie bio-operators, which you can USUALLY avoid conflict with. Just don’t get complacent and start holding down a direction key once you’ve mostly cleared a floor. I’ve lost an embarrasing number of lab starts that way.[/quote]
alright , i’ll rest for a day and go check out what’s on the road end
i keep killing soldiers hoping for military IDs but none so far , i only need one for a bunker , since i can just smash the glass on the cells

God Dammit , I might be in a little bit of trouble here , guys

That shouldn’t be too much of a problem. Kite them in circles, try to draw the lead guys onto gravestones, while they’re slowed stumbling over them give them a few good whacks of the baton. It’ll take a while, but you’ll take 'em out.

If you’ve still got those molotovs in inventory, sprint away to get them all coming at you from one angle, then chuck a molotov at the lead zombie.

i’m just afraid of burning the whole thing down , might make some acid nades

Turns out the dead end was a waste sarcophagi , do those places have anything that isnt obvious ?
i looted as much as i could , got me a clean suit or whatever they’re called (the ones that protect from radiation) but the most important things i got were some pliers , a military ID Card and a 200L Steel Drum ! (there are two but i can only carry one) i’ll come back for the other one later , those should go great as an upgrade for my gallon jug funnels !

[quote=“Gnorse, post:15, topic:12823”]Turns out the dead end was a waste sarcophagi , do those places have anything that isnt obvious ?
i looted as much as i could , got me a clean suit or whatever they’re called (the ones that protect from radiation) but the most important things i got were some pliers , a military ID Card and a 200L Steel Drum ! (there are two but i can only carry one) i’ll come back for the other one later , those should go great as an upgrade for my gallon jug funnels ![/quote]

Radiation, there’s alot of potential hotspots sprinkled throughout. If you’re still fine in a couple hours/a day or two no biggie. But if you took a big enough dose you’ll start vomiting and can potentially mutate, it won’t kill you but can be unpleasant.

[quote=“Shopkeeper, post:16, topic:12823”][quote=“Gnorse, post:15, topic:12823”]Turns out the dead end was a waste sarcophagi , do those places have anything that isnt obvious ?
i looted as much as i could , got me a clean suit or whatever they’re called (the ones that protect from radiation) but the most important things i got were some pliers , a military ID Card and a 200L Steel Drum ! (there are two but i can only carry one) i’ll come back for the other one later , those should go great as an upgrade for my gallon jug funnels ![/quote]

Radiation, there’s alot of potential hotspots sprinkled throughout. If you’re still fine in a couple hours/a day or two no biggie. But if you took a big enough dose you’ll start vomiting and can potentially mutate, it won’t kill you but can be unpleasant.[/quote]
shouldnt the suits in there protect you from rads ?

[quote=“Gnorse, post:15, topic:12823”]Turns out the dead end was a waste sarcophagi , do those places have anything that isnt obvious ?

If you get a certain mission from an NPC, it’s possible to reactivate the elevator, and you can find a huge amount of useful stuff down there, including multiple gallons of mutagen, a lot of military IDs, and for some reason, hundreds of tablets of Ecstasy. Alternatively, you can use a pickaxe or jackhammer to build downward staircases until you reach it (requires some construction skill). Keep in mind that the radiation down there is high enough that a cleansuit alone can’t fully protect you from it, so if you notice your character getting nauseous, pop some potassium iodide, leave and wait for the rads to die down before returning. I think a hazmat suit will protect you fully, but I’m not 100% sure.

(The mission in question is the last in the chain starting with an NPC asking you to find a military blackbox from a crashed helicopter.)

[quote=“Solusphere, post:18, topic:12823”][quote=“Gnorse, post:15, topic:12823”]Turns out the dead end was a waste sarcophagi , do those places have anything that isnt obvious ?

If you get a certain mission from an NPC, it’s possible to reactivate the elevator, and you can find a huge amount of useful stuff down there, including multiple gallons of mutagen, a lot of military IDs, and for some reason, hundreds of tablets of Ecstasy. Alternatively, you can use a pickaxe or jackhammer to build downward staircases until you reach it (requires some construction skill). Keep in mind that the radiation down there is high enough that a cleansuit alone can’t fully protect you from it, so if you notice your character getting nauseous, pop some potassium iodide, leave and wait for the rads to die down before returning. I think a hazmat suit will protect you fully, but I’m not 100% sure.

(The mission in question is the last in the chain starting with an NPC asking you to find a military blackbox from a crashed helicopter.)[/quote]
considering there isnt an evac shelter in sight , i’m not sure i’m going to be able to find the mission giver man

You know you can get missions from random NPCs you meet while wandering, right?

Either way, it’s a pretty rare find, which is why I offered a backup solution. :slight_smile: