Whats Your Favorite And/Or Most fun Combat Style To Survive Cataclysm?

Bear? Not sure if I can tackle that shit even when clutching both hands on a sword - they ARE fucking tough.
Man/zombie is much easier, if I rip up a little bit i’d be more than able to bring down two or three of them by playing defensively.[/quote]
And in the game, being a huge, tentacled bull mutant probably helps.

shotgun surgery. I know they are loud and pull zombies, thats the point. when using the shotgun slugs I find most things cant withstand more than one hit. the exception being hulks. the only thing I couldn’t kill in one shot with my mossberg 500 were mi-go, and those aren’t zombies. the one mi-go I fought took 6 shots. more than that actually because the thing tried to run away after the fourth. the two hulks ive killed took 3-5 point blank. when im not using a firearm though, im using the spiked front end of michelle, my armored pickup.

Baseball/aluminum bat until I have the resources together to camp out for a few days and build some skills. Typically switching to archery once I can field a longbow, eventually replacing it with the mighty reflex recursive. From there I use whatever tickles my fancy. Some adaptation required of course.

Clearly you guys have been doing it all wrong. you gotta be a underground, machete wielding, cannibalistic, troglobite who puts on fuzzy cat tails and ears.

Or maybe that’s just me.

I am the only one who takes a nail board and goes all like the old way, doing little raids until he obviously dies horribly because of a horde?

I just use a knife spear and I’m fine. I’ve killed some hulks with it without getting a scratch, but maybe they’re just too easy. I’ve upgraded now to a steel spear, but it doesn’t look like a big difference by its stats. Also I use a telescoping umbrella when it’s raining.

[quote=“CritMedic, post:24, topic:6182”]Clearly you guys have been doing it all wrong. you gotta be a underground, machete wielding, cannibalistic, troglobite who puts on fuzzy cat tails and ears.

Or maybe that’s just me.[/quote]
Ah, machete. I had that glorious weapon a long time ago. Sadly I died.

Your my hero stopsignal

I play like this mostly

Replace the guy with a bear and that’s a average game for me

[quote=“Mcrone, post:28, topic:6182”]I play like this mostly

Replace the guy with a bear and that’s a average game for me[/quote]

LOL

Your my hero stopsignal[/quote]

You sir, are being quoted.

My favorite style?

Well… I like using bows and melee weapons. I like pistols aswell. My one of my longer chars that I’m playing right now is… Well just let me show you.

HOLY FUCKING DONKEY FUCKS.
My characters never get to that level of refinement; I just wear normal clothes and Kevlar while fighting with pipe bombs, pistols and drugs.

And I can proudly say I have never used drugs.

(I’ve used pharmacy and painkiller drugs, but not the drug drugs.)

Well, to be honest I cheated the construction skill in. Didn’t feel like taking apart everything to get to the point where I can reinforce windows.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:33, topic:6182”]And I can proudly say I have never used drugs.

(I’ve used pharmacy and painkiller drugs, but not the drug drugs.)[/quote]
My guys always get addicted to at least three things. (Normally painkillers, amphetamines, and alcohol.)
The upside is how friggin’ happy they are every moment of every day.

And I’ve never gotten addicted to anything (also rarely drink), except the times when I played the smoker profession, which I think doesn’t count as much.

My characters only use tobacco in dire need of morale. And only cigars, because they all wear tuxedos/suits/waistcoats.

Started up a new character, break into first house, find a metric shit ton of dog food, finds dog whistle in foyer.

BEAST MASTER ACTIVATE

1 Like

Autopneumatic rifle, underslung 40mm, a crate of ball-bearings and 40mm flechettes, on a 2-tile motorcycle…
Bonus points if you disassemble to motorcycle and rebuild it in a lab…

Pfft, rebuild those in subways.

Your my hero stopsignal[/quote]

You sir, are being quoted.[/quote]

I am quite honored :slight_smile: