What's the deal with Depressants?

So i started this new world with a brilliant named character (Will von Not Deleteian) and i stumbled across a liquor store. Took a few gallons of cheap wine and a bottle of strawberry surprise. When i Ate a portion of that strawberry surprise i got depressants to show up and lower my attributes. As the title suggests what is it and why does it show up?
Thanks

Depressants are a kind of drug, the opposite of stimulants. Where a stimulant will speed you up, depressants Slooooooow you dooooooooown.

Alcohol, Weed, most painkillers and Thorazine are all depressants. On the plus side, they’re also pretty fun.

Oops. Shouldn’t have drank it all then.

Find a place to sleep it off, you’ll be fine. Probably.

Too much alcohol and no stress (nutrients in the bloodstream, muscle tension, no adrenaline nor caffeine) makes little Bob a sleepy boy.

I once got the status effect “trashed” ingame. Was really funny, my hella drunk character blowing out heads while mumbling about things.

Alcohol makes a nice impromptu sleeping aid.

Getting wasted is also a great way to waste your day if you decide you have to read a book.

Every. Single. Character. Gotta get to sleep any way you can, man!
Plus being a hopeless alcoholic is kinda fun.

Slax is speaking The Word. Plus, there is a S*IT-TON of different booze blands, one just can’t help it if there’s a liquor store on the map.

And then, when you’re pitch-drunk, take your armchair out on the porch, lean back and snipe out the entire town population.

[quote=“vultures, post:9, topic:6995”]Slax is speaking The Word. Plus, there is a S*IT-TON of different booze blands, one just can’t help it if there’s a liquor store on the map.

And then, when you’re pitch-drunk, take your armchair out on the porch, lean back and snipe out the entire town population.[/quote]
With your crossbow the size of a chubby child and your trusty bear walking around next to you (animal empathy gets stupid once you get kitted out enough).

Dynamite is the alcoholics firearm.

You mean waterarm, 'cause we do fishing with it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Alkies have nothing against fish, they can keep the fucking water for all we care.

Alkies have nothing against fish, they can keep the fucking water for all we care.[/quote]
you do know all booze has some water in it right? every drink has water in it cause you need water to live so people kinda use water in every drink ever made

Alkies have nothing against fish, they can keep the fucking water for all we care.[/quote]
you do know all booze has some water in it right? every drink has water in it cause you need water to live so people kinda use water in every drink ever made[/quote]
Not true. only all LEGAL booze has water in it.

you do know all booze has some water in it right? every drink has water in it cause you need water to live so people kinda use water in every drink ever made[/quote]

Okay I am late to the party but I am positive that everclear is almost entirely devoid of water. Lol. Oh wait, legal booze… Hmm. I think it’s a toss-up for everclear?? Either way this thread did bring me a laugh and for that I cannot be mad.

Everclear is generally 180 - 190 proof, or 90-95 % alchohol by volume, leaving roughly 5-10% water.
If you get much higher concentration than that it will forcibly extract the water from the lining of your mouth and throat when you drink it, which sounds about as pleasant as it is, it’s effectively a chemical burn.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:17, topic:6995”]Everclear is generally 180 - 190 proof, or 90-95 % alchohol by volume, leaving roughly 5-10% water.
If you get much higher concentration than that it will forcibly extract the water from the lining of your mouth and throat when you drink it, which sounds about as pleasant as it is, it’s effectively a chemical burn.[/quote]

It can also vapourize if you breathe onto it at that concentration, makes for a pretty cool party trick so long as you don’t inhale any. Inhaling alcohol is bad. Like… REALLY bad.

Wow okay I had my numbers wrong and learned terrifying things about alcohol today. Wowww.

Yup. Have some booze with your alcohol, lad. :smiley: