What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2!

In the past Mel had never been a big fan of guns, she’d been raised in a liberal household and the idea of owning one had never been something she’d seriously considered, but right now she couldn’t help offering silent thanks to whatever poor soul and amassed this collection.

I don’t often use guns, even on Miria who was a “guncentric” character I ended up mostly using the sword bayonet attached to the gun rather then the gun itself but since I usually do Lab starts, I’m used to being armed to the teeth before I leave the Lab and it’s been weird not at least having the option there if needed.

2 Likes

Guns are like condoms. Its better to have one and not need it…then to need one and not have it.

2 Likes

Agreed. (20 characters)

1 Like

Duffel bag achieved. Basic leather and Chitin armor cobbled together. Now…time to raid the library.

3 Likes

The night had begun normal enough, Mel had done the rounds around “her” house, cleared out any stragglers. There were a few more then normal but it wasn’t anything that she paid any mind, after stripping them of anything useful she’d headed out for a supply run. There was a house to the north on the far side of town where she had discovered another cache of weapons and ammo, it had been far too heavy to haul back at the time but with an empty pack she felt better prepared now. The route she followed was one she had travelled often before, she hadn’t been expecting much trouble. A few zombies were common but she had become accustom to such threats, her martial training serving her well in that regard. She had heard the usual sounds of the clumsy dead and had prepared for combat, dropping her pack and unsheathing her punch dagger. What had started as a few zombies stumbling out of the darkness had become a group and then a horde. Mel had found herself quickly pushed back, she could only strike so fast. The frail women had found herself in a fighting retreat, she feared the fate that awaited her if she found herself surrounded, all the martial arts in the world would do her no good with no space to move in. Minor injuries had starting to stack up but she still had hope that she might prevail… until out of the night, pushed itself through the crowd, came a huge form.
It towered above her, a mountain of corrupt flesh that would dwarf any normal human, nightmarishly it seemed to be missing it’s head but a mass of oozing blackness seemed to coagulate around its neck and the creature was still horribly active despite it’s lack.
Mel had turned to flee when out of the darkness long ropey limbs had stretched out to grab her, she found herself face to face with a monstrosity with a hunched back and misformed limbs. She tried to pull free, smashing her fist into the creatures face as it tried to bite at her but the creatures unnatural strength was too much for her to overcome. She hammered at the creature again, sending it crashing to the ground but too late, as it fell a huge shadow covered her. She turned just as the giant had hit her like a truck, sending her flighing through the air before slamming bodily into a wreaked car.
Mel had dragged herself back to her feet shakily, her arm was bent at an unnatural angle and she could hear more zombies on all sides. It was imperative that she got out of her now or she wouldn’t get out at all. A bright glow from her peripheral caught her attention and she saw another horror heading straight for her, its body crackled with light and energy. Mel turned to run, breath coming in harsh gasps and pain sapping at her strength. The creature caught up with her easily and as it got close a discharge of electricity seemed to arc from it and Mel found herself stunned as it connected.
The light it cast illuminated the horde closing in like a tide of death, fighting against twitching muscles, Mel changed direction and drove through a ruined store front. Her only chance now was to place as many obstacles between her and the undead as possible and hope she could lose them. There was a screech of metal behind her as the creatures began tearing apart the store, the wounded girl zig zagged between the shelves, staying low and taking great gasps of air. Once her breathing was somewhat under control, she ducked back out the store, the zombies seemingly content to continue their destructive rampage.
Her luck held out as she hurried home, arm hanging limp at her side. Mel wanted to cry with relief as the familiar sight of the building she had chosen for her hideout came into view. She staggered down the stairs to her basment, praying desperately that she had managed to shake her pursuers.

Well, that escalated quickly. Screw you headless horrors and screw you shock zombies, just you wait until Mel is back at full health and I break out the big guns.

1 Like

And a good day to you to ya swine

2 Likes

Found a fungal spire so I thought to myself “kill it with fire!”, got my aux flamethrower, a Jerry can of gasoline and started going to work, then it started drizzling. -__-, so I figured the next best thing was to light up a few patches before I left and…I set myself on fire. Broke both legs, so my character booked it back to base and she’s probably going to be crying to herself for a week.

1 Like

what launcher skill? :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably 2, wasn’t thinking of it as a launcher type weapon. I suppose that was my problem.

Never trust a launcher weapon :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m definitely going to put on a firefighter suit next time I try it.

Take a motrin take 2

Finally got fed up with the shoggoths and ants in the nearby lab, as well as the fungaloids. Decided to hit the road, and I did manage to find a few flamethrowers in a nearby FEMA camp. If I can get back to base, I might give those fungaloids another go.

1 Like

As long as you stay within a certain amount of tiles from them they won’t grow or spread any further. It’s the same way I lit fire in a basement and came back 3 months later and the fire was still going

I lost my BFF on day 73
Starting NPC - 2 quests completed early for nothing but friendship.
We spent the remaining 72 days together.

Why did you have to melee the two Jawed Terrors when I have a bow???
Also, you died holding a first aid kit…

2 Likes

No more basement living, no more Frye Island, time to hit the road!

Did my usual “quick” conversion where I hack a third of the width off an armoured car/humvee and build from there, this one is a bit bigger then the Bastion as I’m not really intending to settle anywhere. Still quite a bit of work to do, I lacked a lot of parts I’d want but I can get those while travelling

1 Like

I once lost five members of an 8-man crew because five of them thought it would be a good idea to run toward acidic ants with melee weapons

1 Like

:tired_face:
Should be better now with the changes that have been made to NPCs

1 Like

They are hands down one of the most dangerous creatures in the game. I would rather deal with a Kevlar hulk than 4 acidic ants.

2 Likes

Aye, true enough. It’s one of those enemies that you need to prepare for or they’ll mess you up.