What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2!

Mutagen’s good and all, but Alethea found a better use for the cast-off remnants of the dark ooze plaguing the world. With a little ingenuity, some bones from the dead hordes, and a bit of time, she began crafting a new vehicle, bending the blob’s physiology to her will. Some experimentation remained to be done, and a few rare components to collect, but she looked forward to the day she could whiz across the countryside on her brand-new Goocycle.

6 Likes

Tried to sneak up to a military outpost, got caught in searchlights and shredded by the turrets. Retreated to my car and mounted the Ma Deuce, went back to the outpost and blew them all away with some .50 love.

Went inside to check the rooms, heard something moving in a darkened kitchen area. Figured it’d be a zombie soldier or something. Turns out it’s a freaking TANK rocking a napalm launcher (I guess it went in to make a sandwich or something…

Ran outside to try to make it to my turret, forgot to close the door behind me, got blasted with liquid fire. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

6 Likes

Well along the way into superhuman levels of mutation, all the guns in the world, Raiden’s katana, a motorbike made from goo, and enough food to feed my own personal army, but I never really felt like I had “made it”. Not until today.

5 Likes

Madelene have found yet another interesting town on her adventures. But before we talk about it, ask yourself: how big should a town be to actually become a city (in Cataclysm trems)? I’d say about at least 50 houses(buildings, whatever) but YMMV. Now that you thought about it, the next question is: what is the least possible amount of houses which warrant a name “town” in this world? The answer is here:
cataclysm-tiles_2019_11_05_17_45_47_917
Oh wait, town’s name is hiding some of the the houses. Let me refocus slightly…
cataclysm-tiles_2019_11_05_00_20_36_959
Oh dear. It actually didn’t hide anything. Apparently, 2 houses, a pool and a fishing pond is enough to make a town :exploding_head:

1 Like

I see your 2 houses, a pool and a fishing pond and raise you (or lower I guess) 2 houses and nothing else :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s with megacity settings too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s kind of minor but this is the first I’ve ever found survivor gear of any kind while exploring, I honestly didn’t even think it was on the drop lists.

1 Like

I also once found survivor telescope, but on radio tower.

3 Likes

Interesting, I’ll keep that in mind for future runs. I wonder if there is anymore survivor stuff you can find, would be quite nice on certain challenges or early game.

That reminds me, I need to reinstall whatever mod it is that adds CZ-75’s to the game. Once had a character wandering the wasteland on a motorcycle with one of those and an SKS. Always fun to find items in a game that you actually own in real life.

I just genned up a historical reenactor in the wilderness scenario. There appears to be a mi-go encampment in my area of operations. That could be interesting…

1 Like

currently trying to build up my mobile base its my first time building a vehicle so im having troubles but it going aight so far i have to dismount some thing to reduce the weight so i can jack it up to install tank treads

2 Likes

With a map? Because that’s my favorite loot cache in the game. It lets you run to the top of any really tall buildings and make your sight radius huge. Now all of my characters’ first objectives are to get the materials for a telescope or binoculars.

CZ-75 is core, bro.

{
“id”: “cz75”,
“copy-from”: “pistol_base”,
“looks_like”: “glock_17”,
“type”: “GUN”,
“name”: “CZ-75”,
“description”: “The CZ-75 is a semi-automatic pistol developed in Czechoslovakia, and is one of the original wonder nines. Though designed for export to western countries, it was declared a state secret; lack of international patent protection meant that many clones and variants were produced and distributed around the world, with Česká zbrojovka only joining in the 90’s. This pistol remains wildly popular among competition shooters.”,
“weight”: “1120 g”,
“volume”: “526 ml”,
“price”: 10000,
“to_hit”: -2,
“bashing”: 8,
“material”: [ “plastic”, “steel” ],
“color”: “dark_gray”,
“ammo”: “9mm”,
“dispersion”: 480,
“durability”: 8,
“magazine_well”: 1,
“magazines”: [ [ “9mm”, [ “cz75mag_12rd”, “cz75mag_20rd”, “cz75mag_26rd” ] ] ]
}

Straight out of 9mm.json

1 Like

Sheeeit.

Running through such a cavalcade of installed and uninstalled mods that I don’t even know what is or isn’t core at this point.

1 Like

Maybe? I don’t really remember, that was quite long time ago.

Living comfortably as a nomad with a horse. Comfort comes from a shelter kit and a sleeping bag that was made from rags. I have a brazier and a wood axe in order to process wood and to heat my camp. Moreover, I have butchering tools, tailoring tools and materials, two sealed stomachs, a copper pot, crowbar, hammer, binoculars, basic fishing rod, recurve bow, large leather quiver with 28 wooden bodkin arrows, and backpack. I have a rain coat and rain hood so I do not care about rain.

My journey is based on a specific schedule. In the morning, I eat a hot breakfast that consists of two pieces of meat jerky and two portions of clean water / pine needle tea, and tie my horse near water, then I prepare wood for my brazier for the whole day. I am on the diet BTW. Then I hunt if I have to. If not, I explore a large area around my camp.

Midday meal is the same as my breakfast. I help my horse, then I butcher game, forage for any food, craft, read books, scavenge in buildings, towns and cities.

My evening is the time of rest. I eat a light supper and organize my camp. Then I plan my further journey: routes, camps, hunting grounds, places where I can collect salt water etc.

This is my favourite playstyle. If it comes to me, movement means life. Keep a low profile and the risk of death will be minimised

8 Likes

Not a single survivor telescope found until today (had to make my own). Now I have 3, 2 of which were found in adjacent radio towers.

Cataclysm world is truly a… i tried to find a word, and failed. Just look what they’re listening to:
cataclysm-tiles_2019_11_16_19_40_21_438
idk, maybe i’m just too old-style and don’t know of new trends. if that’s so please post links to some good PGJ here. Even if I wouldn’t like it, I still want to know what that sounds like :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Pagan gangster jazz… I think there’s a whole section on that genre in the iHeartradio app. :rofl:

2 Likes

This is exactly how my primary character has lasted so long but she mainly gets around on a bike with a solar panel and electric motor. Packed with a tent and all the comforts of home.

1 Like

Never…stop…moving…

4 Likes