What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2!

Day four and I’ve lucked into some helpful books. Currently hoping to find a solar panel somewhere…….

Does the skeletal juggernaut attack the other zombies ? I went through an Hospital, met two juggernauts and a bunch of already killed zombies, and since there’s no NPCs around I don’t know what could have killed them.

Me and Al Gore have been probing the edges of a small city. We been saving ammo by driving up into a section & blaring the horn. Our tank is on a mix of shopping cart casters, small wheels and (somehow) a single tank tread, but Al Gore flies like a wicked plague to any attackers, dealing death through a thousand slices.

As we’ve moved forward, we came across another survivor, Kenneth-something… He’s good with a turnequit and carries a shotgun.

Al is going nuts, hacking anything that moves. I’m supporting Al, trying to get into the mix when there are multiple walkers, but Al is usually too quick to let them pile up like that. Kenny-something is safely in the back on the street sweeper (12 guage), to keep our jury-rigged tank safe.

We’ve secured a street, two intersections on that street. It cost us one disinfectant soaked cotton ball and two bandages… Our tank hasn’t had to fire off a salvo so far, not that we have many rounds to spare.

Settling behind our tank to do our looting, we start taking inventory of a gun shop, a hardware store and 2 mil. surplus stores, as well as a pizza shop and grocery where we feast.

Al Gore turned my char into a near environmentalist to begin with, but raiding and securing a foothold in a town has brought out the blood-lust in Al Gore. Our new pal Kenny seems to naturally know to cover flanks so we have a retreat corridor back into the tank… But thankfully we haven’t needed that escape route so far.

Given the size, we should clear this town in about two days. Could probably do it faster but we’re stocked with rations & water, seem to gel into our positions,… And it’s not like we’re gonna miss our favorite show. Slow and steady, I’m helping Al Gore find his inner killer, and it’s suiting me just fine.

4 Likes

Al Gore isn’t letting some blob invaders come in and fuck up our ecosystem. Godspeed man.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Beat down 4 skeletal juggernauts, a brute, and numerous lesser zombies in a church Kingsman style. For some weird reason bare hands works WAY better than Silat+diamond edged kukri. My Unarmed skill is only 2 levels higher than edged weapons skill too. Should have used Krav Maga.

2 Likes

I do not know what mod its from but Survivor Combatitives is friggin great and I have had fun with Greek Pugilism.

Well, I was combining barehand+silat with uncanny dodge, adrenaline rush cbm, stimulant injector, wired reflexes, and a shitload of other cbms. It wasn’t really a contest, more like taking out the trash. I was honestly surprised, I’ve never used unarmed until now, all my skill level was from books. I was expecting a hard fight which is why I hulked out on combat drugs and cbms. It ended up more like:

Krav maga and Zui Quan are the best unarmed styles out there.

Krav maga gives you a decent melee damage bonus and various other effects like leg blocks and grab/throw.

Zui Quan gives you infinite dodges and counters for clearing out parking lots full of zombies.

If you have some melee mutations like hooves or claws, you can get a pretty decent fighter, and I’m not even mentioning venomous mutation

No my current character has the prime mutations and extremely heavy cybernetic enhancement. He does know Krav Maga though. Going to have to try it. I usually shoot things before they get into melee range, but it would be good to know what my guy is capable of.

V120NNI800CLS000 CLEAR MORNING OUTCRY
USAF-COM/NORAD: ASSETS/CONSERVATION/IMPERATIVE
IMMEDIATE ACTION ORDER
This is a LOCAL ASSETS IMPERATIVE (unsecured/OUTCRY)

Large civilian survivor population (30 confirmed, 50-100 total estimated) located by orbital surveillance in walled complex, confirmed by aerial drone flyover. Flyover followed by ground based messages requesting resupply or evacuation.
Xenofungal encroachment detected. Tactical simulations indicate termination of population within 24 hours +/- 10% without intervention.

Effects of incendiary deployment deemed insufficient. Delays termination by 48 hours.

Deployment of URIST LEVER authorized.

EVACUATE/PRESERVE/RELOCATE SURVIVORS BEFORE URIST LEVER DEPLOYMENT.

EXTINCTION IS NOT AN OPTION

USAF-COM/NORAD SIGNOFF STOP STOP STOP V120NNI800CLS001

2 Likes

Well I went in very damaged with a pretty much broken spear but I am Victorious!!

2 Likes

I’m going to have to revise my previous estimate upwards. I’ve only been through one building completely (there are four) and haven’t even pursuaded them all outside. There is AT LEAST 100 people here.

Evacuating them all back to base is going to be… annoying. BUT I’M GOING TO DO IT.

Outfitting them all is going to be worse. May have to wait until I actually BUILD a camp to do it. Is there an armory/equipping screen or something for your followers?

2 Likes

Oof. Enjoy the vacation time.

This is a new character btw. I’m glad I managed to make it out alive considering I was doing less than 10 damage a hit because of the spear’s durability.

It took FOREVER to build and scavenge the materials, but I finally have a transport with enough room for most of the npcs I found cowering in an apartment complex. It was the most practical way to get them all back, its much too far from my base to make lots of trips or travel on foot. Total seating for 100 passengers.

4 Likes

I am rediscovering my hatred of shady zombie. Grrrr

1 Like

Wow. That’s… wow. My hats off to you. I only found ~14 in the apartment complex I raided and I left 9 of them behind.

I still haven’t gotten a full headcount yet, but there is a nonzero chance I may have to make a second trip. Nobody gets left behind.

Is there a fast way to outfit these guys, like a menu option, or yelling “AK-47’s FOR EVERYONE!” So that they all go draw guns, ammo, and body armor from a designated storage? I have enough guns and ammo for everyone, though not body armor.

I’d really rather not have to hand each of these 100+ NPCs their equipment. I already have to check their stats and cure their shitty mutations, and find the best ones for recruitment into my cyborg corps.

I’m pretty sure there’s no easy mass equip option, but I strongly encourage you to shout that anyway.

If you tell everyone to pick up stuff and throw some guns in a pile, a lot of them should bite. Given current AI, though, a hundred NPCs with ak-47s sounds like an instant recipe for NPC hamburger… They’re just going to mush each other in friendly fire. I’d be making a huge batch of quarterstaves for them myself.

1 Like