What should I expect inside a science lab?

I’ve used dynamite (from a book), but it was not strong enough to blow through the metal door next to it. It can break it down, it’s just not guaranteed.
You probably want a primitive demolition charge, but even then, the chance is higher that it will tear down the wall next to it than the metal door. That one is autolearned at fabrication 2, but one of its ingredientes needs a book.
Also, there’s a high chance that you blow yourself up, since you can’t switch the Z-level to flee from the explosion.

You’re probably better off by breaking the wall or door with a jackhammer (or an acetylene torch with goggles) if you can find one in the lab or the materials to craft one.

1 Like

There’s a few locked vechicle areas, I’ll try hacking them to see if they have a torch in them, thanks.

Btw, does welding the shutters open also destroy the doors beneath as well?

The wiki says I need an “electrohack” to hack the card reader, but it’s not an autolearn and I lack the book for it.

The science ID should be there tho, it spawned the last 3 times I’ve been at the finale room. Unless the shoggy destroys items by walking over them. :frowning:

I’m not sure I fully understand what you’re asking, but if you cut a closed metal door with an acetylene torch you destroy the door, leaving the frame and some metal parts on the floor. You can’t close it afterwards.

1 Like

Ahh, I see. So it’s different from opening it via hacking.
I hear footsteps beyond the door so I might be in trouble.
Can I rebuild a metal door from the frame?

Oh and does the " basic laboratory analysis kit" and “dissection microscope” do anything?

Yes: Build Metal Door (step 1: door frame) Build Metal Door (Step 2: metal door).

Basic laboratory analysis kit has analysis 1 property. Useful for chemistry, IIRC.

Dissecting microscope’s only use is disassembling, there are some nice parts like amplifier circuit and HQ lens.

2 Likes

you should expect death or transendence

I know for a fact that time dilation and probability travel can spawn in bank vaults

yeah turrets and robots seem to have a very low actual hp (like less than normal zombies low) and I have killed turrets with just 30 damage

well bash is better at dealing with armor as most things have less bash than cut protection