What makes you angry!

Shlepping cross country to cut seatbelts out of cars. Because cargo carriers need plenty of long rope and you can’t make leather chord in this game.

Headlights breaking.

Me dying from my chain-lightning and railgun electric trails (damn those anti electricity artifacts always having such bad side effects…) after zapping a horde of zombies and bears. all of that power storage i had (!1000!) is now gone :frowning:

Forgetting where I left my shopping cart.

This, so much.

Also Scouring the land looking for that one item that just doesn’t seem to exist anymore.
Usually for me it’s welders, a few rolls of duct tape, gallon jugs, or swimming/ski goggles.
Absence of Libraries and garages tend to plague me too.

My own inability to use any armor that gives even a single point of encumbrance to any body part that isn’t my head. If it’s not a helmet and has more than 0 encumbrance, into the trash it goes.

I know the recipes for plate armor and great helms and all that, too. So one day I’m just going to walk into an apartment tower in full armor with a broadsword and paint the whole place red.

(I would use a Zweihander but I derped and installed a fusion blaster arm without having any power capacity CBMs to install, so no two-handed weapons or firearms besides handguns for me)

[quote=“Logrin, post:21, topic:5034”]Shlepping cross country to cut seatbelts out of cars. Because cargo carriers need plenty of long rope and you can’t make leather chord in this game.[/quote]having to do that so i can build a palisade wall around my base.

Losing Maximum Hp while walking near a source of fire.
(at least the past versions of cata i’ve played…)

What makes me angry at the moment is that chain lightning has been nerfed and is now 90% useless to me… now i only have railgun and the new anti electricity cbms…

[quote=“Soyweiser, post:1983, topic:47”]I got hydraulics nerfed. :smiley:

Next up. The lightning generator. It one shots hulks :D[/quote]

I have an idea who might be responsible for that. It’s really great how random people can come in and start nerfing items and crippling people’s playstyles willy-nilly, isn’t it? I especially like how he’s clamouring for instadeath now.

Chain lightning has not been touched iirc, not recently. Might be the zombie HP boosts. What is the specific problem you have with it? The best way to kill something is to have it standing next to a different Z so the damage can jump between them.

Edit: Yeah it was nerfed, it now can only hit a Z once, and not a second time. That wasn’t an intentional nerf, just a fix as parts of the code was broken. I’ll try to make the weapon a bit better now.

[quote=“Inadequate, post:30, topic:5034”][quote=“Soyweiser, post:1983, topic:47”]I got hydraulics nerfed. :smiley:

Next up. The lightning generator. It one shots hulks :D[/quote]

I have an idea who might be responsible for that. It’s really great how random people can come in and start nerfing items and crippling people’s playstyles willy-nilly, isn’t it? I especially like how he’s clamouring for instadeath now.[/quote]

You do realize that the code base is public right? Nothing has changed, at least not by me, nor by Rivet during the recent bionics upgrade. Stop being such a creepy stalker dude.

Edit, apparantly the code has changed, the weapons can only bounce towards a target once now. It seems at least. Well it wasn’t my doing. Kevin Granade changed it due to an issue reported by belrend

The bio weapons are bugged. The finger lazer and fusion blaster do not correctly consume power.

The chain lightning weapon uses up no time.

There was code for the bio weapons to refund shots when not fired. But it always ran in the case of the fusion blaster, and never for the finger lazer and the lightning gun. Think I have that fixed now.

Incorrect.

To be fair, ‘random people’ can submit pull requests, but that hardly means that it will make its way into the game. Also, Soyweiser’s contributions are all awesome. That’s not hyperbole either; I sometimes find myself awestruck by bits of code that Soyweiser produces.

But to put it very simply, I’ll reiterate from a previous thread: We don’t merge crap.

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/6076 Here my is bioweapons upgrade pull request (note, it is not in the build yet).

(Actually I didn’t touch the lightning generator before as it was A) hard to find B) expensive in power usage and C) likely to shoot your own head off if it bounced back, as it could keep bouncing between you until death).

tl;dr: My suggestion increase the lightning generator damage from 6 to 16. (means it does 40 damage or so on a good critical, the fusion blaster has a damage value of 30, but doesn’t bounce. (and cheaper in power)).

Lets see:

"type" : "recipe",
  "result": "wrench",
  "category": "CC_OTHER",
  "subcategory": "CSC_OTHER_TOOLS",
  "skill_used": "fabrication",
  "difficulty": 4,
  "time": 300000,
  "reversible": false,
  "autolearn": true,
  "tools": [ [ ["hammer", -1], ["toolset", -1]  ],
     [
      ["tongs", -1]
     ],
     [
      ["chisel", -1]
     ],
     [
      ["anvil", -1]
     ],
     [
      ["crucible", -1]
     ],
     [
      ["forge", 200], ["char_forge", 40]
     ]
    ],
  "components":
    [
     [
     [ "steel_lump", 1 ],
     [ "steel_chunk", 4 ],
     [ "scrap", 12 ]
     ]
    ]

Nope, no wrench needed. Just need to find the other stuff :slight_smile:

Edit: this is the most recent experimental. So your recipe may vary.

Yeah was afraid of that. Dunno if there is something to be done about that. The game is about scavenging in the apocalypse. (I usually find a lot of wrenches, esp in normal Z corpses. Sucks if you cannot find one though).

out to be able to craft a primitive one from natural materials, but have a high breakage chance and take a lot longer to do anything with it.

When someone calls me an Asian.
IM A GODDAMN FILIPINO YOU UNCULTURED PLEB.

“When someone calls me an Asian.
IM A GODDAMN FILIPINO YOU UNCULTURED PLEB.”

true lol

So Gtaguy is a Canadian, black(?), Filipino troll.

How nice.