What happened to zombie necromancers

how about make them virtually unkillable? so that even after you (b)utcher them there is a high chance that they will reconstitute and live to fight again, with each time they resurrect the chance of re-resurrecting decreases, but they get stronger each time.

You obviously just need to craft a wooden stake, find holy water from a church, and find garlic powder from the grocery store to perform a crucifixion on it.

If the exorcism fails, throw salt grains on the ground and [size=14pt]RUN[/size]

[quote=“Cherry, post:22, topic:4356”]You obviously just need to craft a wooden stake, find holy water from a church, and find garlic powder from the grocery store to perform a crucifixion on it.

If the exorcism fails, throw salt grains on the ground and [size=14pt]RUN[/size][/quote]or just add vampires to the game…

I can’t find a necromancer killing guide on the internet, so I mixed them with vampires and ghosts.

Also, pure vampires would be too silly, like pure werewolves, but…

We should have some kinda blood-sucking monstrosity in our vidya game.
Ah yes, that would be most entertaining.

[quote=“Cherry, post:24, topic:4356”]I can’t find a necromancer killing guide on the internet, so I mixed them with vampires and ghosts.

Also, pure vampires would be too silly, like pure werewolves, but…

We should have some kinda blood-sucking monstrosity in our vidya game.
Ah yes, that would be most entertaining.
[/quote]again, vampires.

I’m not going to be entertained by anything called ‘the goatsucker’.

Please take care with the balancing when you guys do so. I am currently playing with a 5.0 quantity zombie options setting and when a necro is around with 30+ dead zombies that you can’t pulp or butcher yet because you are still fighting the other 20 or so, they can become pretty fucking scary. I have had 2 occasions where they res a handful around you in a single turn while you are trying to control a specific choke point… yeah, nothing lame about that.

You might need to get a little more complex with this one. What worked really nicely on the necro’s part is when they were in the back of a pack meaning that you couldn’t rush them you had to try and take care of at least some of the others first. The point is, you are left with a tough decision. The longer you leave them to try whittle down the pack, the more opportunity you leave the necro to raise the bitches again, but rushing him too early means you might get your ass handed to you while moving through the pack.

Imo, a combination of what you intend to do, with AI for the necro to not run away, but try and dynamically position himself at the back of the pack considering your position every turn would lend more survival time to him and offer him the opportunity to res some of the fallen, while making your decision on how to handle the situation interesting.

It sounds like you are mostly using melee, but If I were still in the nooby part of the game, I would try a molotov or just lighting their clothes on fires after downing them. Choke points are all the more fun with walls of fire.
You know what, might as well throw the molotov at the Necro himself.

But then again, 5.0 spawn rate isn’t going to give you an easy time walls of fire or not.

[quote=“Cherry, post:29, topic:4356”]It sounds like you are mostly using melee, but If I were still in the nooby part of the game, I would try a molotov or just lighting their clothes on fires after downing them. Choke points are all the more fun with walls of fire.
You know what, might as well throw the molotov at the Necro himself.

But then again, 5.0 spawn rate isn’t going to give you an easy time walls of fire or not.[/quote]
Indeed, you are quite correct, I am running a melee (unarmed) build and you make a couple of good points, but it shows that you had to strategise to counter and that, imho, should be exactly the point.

i still think there needs to be vampires, and not the faggoty kind from twilight, but the evil, bastardly kind from 30 Days Of Night. and maybe make it so that if you get bitten, and don’t cure it quickly enough(antibiotics), you become a vampire. of course, with everyone dead there’s no one to feed on so you don’t get any advantages, but you do die instantly in sunlight.

I too think that if there’s one thing the game needs, it’s more instadeath monsters that kill you through obscure and underdocumented mechanics.

Also, homophobic slurs, way to go.

It’s not a bad idea but it would have to make sense. Meaning, it would have to be both explained by lore (scientifically or necromantically or magically or whatever it may be) and well-balanced. E.g. it would have to not be what the above poster is worried about.

Also, I’ve seen the South Park episode dealing with “fag” usage, so I’m not sure how to feel about it when someone uses the word without meaning gay. I don’t say the word myself, but if someone requested of me not to use it cause they felt hurt, I wouldn’t use it… yeesh.

what you mean you never kick back of an evening, pour a glass of scotch, and light up a fag? :smiley:

I’m a little undecided on vampires… that said, if it was part of the game then using antibiotics to cure it would not cut it for me at all. Maybe to slow down the turning process but a cure would need to be far more involved for me to buy into it.

While I have very little problem with insta-death type scenarior, I have a massive problem with the suggestion that the machanics need to be unerdocumented. I thrive on perma-death games and I formly believe that such a severe way in which you can lose your character should particularly well documented. Don’t confuse ‘challenging’ with ‘underdocumented’, there is a massive difference.

Also, faggoty Twilight vampires are faggoty… unless you are a teenage girl or want to be one.

Agreed with all of the above.

Vampirism is weird. Maybe an artifact could inflict it? This might or might not go away after you throw away the artifact…

Pretty confident one can call out a poorly handled vampire (the Twilight ones got overly-creepy, last I checked–not at all someone I’d want around) without dropping slurs.

As for in-game vampirism, well, seems likely to increase your infection level?

i’m really thinking the 30 Days Of Night vampires; basically it’s just a virus that kills you and reanimates you as the undead, immortal, strong and fast but you need human blood to keep those advantages, other wise you’re just undead, immortal, but weak and slow. once NPCs have been figured out and unbugged maybe the player could feed on them, but for now vampirism would have to be something you DO NOT want to catch.

maybe make vampires insta-death at melee range, since they are starving for lack of human blood and would therefore be slower than a zombie.

as for curing it, ok maybe not antibiotics, but how about Purifier? that would fit lore-wise because vampirism is basically a super mutation. maybe depending on how starved you are and how long you’ve been a vampire it’ll require multiple dozes over a period of time, meanwhile you’re loosing your precious positive mutations. perhaps each dose of purifier you take reduces vampirism by a % but you can only use one once per day or week or something, but if you wait too long between doses then you will start to loose ground.

This really doesn’t fit with the lore, and hurts melee players way more than ranged characters. Also, you are really committed to the instadeath thing.

[quote=“Inadequate, post:39, topic:4356”]This really doesn’t fit with the lore, and hurts melee players way more than ranged characters. Also, you are really committed to the instadeath thing.[/quote]lol not really, someone else mentioned instadeath and i was just catering to them.

but you’re right, it would be really unfair to melee characters.