We break corpses... from a fence? with the pistolet? :)))

Hi!

I, just, being on a fence that surrounds a platform for rest, I broke the zombie’s corpse. in hands at me I was - only the pistol.
question - AS I could make it?
I would understand if I in hands had any high-bearded weapon of the class pole&staff - that is a cold weapon of the cutting and splitting up action on a long handle which length can be correlated to fence height.
but that’s a hassle that on hands at me simply the pistol with which I won’t reach the lying corpse.

maybe somebody will be able to explain me an essence of such street magic? :slight_smile:

Pulping corpses is about stomping them until the skull breaks, breaking bones and joints and otherwise making it harmless when it reanimates.

It isn’t portrayed in game in any way, but it would make sense for pulped corpses to still reanimate and just twitch in one place, unable to do anything.

The idea is that the blob has some limits on exactly how much damage it can repair for a broken corpse. Pass those damage limits, and the bit of blob inside the corpse just dies rather then being able to successfully reanimate the corpse.

So when you are smashing them you aren’t so much “making it harmless”, as just accumulating corpse damage until it’s a fair ways past that invisible “threshold” (and is thus why they don’t revive and just get stuck twitching in place).

Hypothetically the blob should be able to repair an infinite amount of damage to keep standing up if given enough time, but at no point can the damage exceed a given threshold or it just ends that particular zed permanently.

Some time ago you would need to have pretty big amount of BASH damage and time to pulp a corpse. It was incredibly boring and so they changed it to make it less tiring. You need just one mash to pulp a corpse now. It still requires some time but not as much as it needed once.