What do you do when you're steamrolling the game?

First things first, LOVE this game. I wish I had found it along time ago.
Second, I finally got a character to winter. Didn’t even cheat and beef up my starting points. Got lucky and found a LMOE shelter and just got lucky with some loots and kinda built him up from there. Now I’m wandering through towns in the middle of the day blasting zombies with my AK or chopping them up with my wakizashi. Still searching for a katana and might end up just crafting one at this rate.
Third, I’m playing the stable version O.A with classic zeds enabled. My issue is barring me doing something completely retarded I just don’t see me dying. For example, I was rolling to town to try to stock up on some more MRE’s and canned food and I zoned out to whatever was on TV at the time. I just held down the right arrow key and was moving up or down if I ran into a tree I couldn’t get past and I beat a moose to death with my AK-47 equipped. I mean damn. WTF?
So what do you do when you reach this point? I’m thinking of committing suicide when I reach the summer time, that was my goal when I started this last character, just to survive a year one time.
Is it possible to reach this point this soon with all the crazy mutated zeds enabled? I’ll be honest classic zeds usually murder my characters within a couple of days, but with my current character I had a couple of breaks.
Sorry for the rambling post and looking forward to all your replies.

Kid, I could tell you fucking stories. Look up J-9 on these fourms and look for my topic (on phone right now so cant easily link it).

Oh and welcome to the fourms

Turn classic zombies off.

Haha, and that too.

Something you can do to challenge the current character is increase spawn rate in the options, then move to a new city.

Yeah, I figured this would crank the difficulty rating up to 11. :slight_smile: Can I do this without resetting the current world or do I have to start a whole new sandbox?

This raises another question. Once I’ve cleared a town with static spawn enabled does that mean it will always remain clear unless a random zed comes through?
I know these questions should probably be in the newb section but I’ll forget them by then.

Yeah, I figured this would crank the difficulty rating up to 11. :slight_smile: Can I do this without resetting the current world or do I have to start a whole new sandbox?

This raises another question. Once I’ve cleared a town with static spawn enabled does that mean it will always remain clear unless a random zed comes through?
I know these questions should probably be in the newb section but I’ll forget them by then.[/quote]
You will have to start a new world to play without classic zombies.

Towns in static mode will remain cleared of the ex-resident zombies, but hordes might still show up, and other creatures can still move in.

Also you aren’t truly steamrolling the game until you build a literal bulldozer and drive through a few dozen buildings, at that point there’s literally nothing that can stop you.

I know these questions should probably be in the newb section but I’ll forget them by then.[/quote]
You will have to start a new world to play without classic zombies.

Towns in static mode will remain cleared of the ex-resident zombies, but hordes might still show up, and other creatures can still move in.

Also you aren’t truly steamrolling the game until you build a literal bulldozer and drive through a few dozen buildings, at that point there’s literally nothing that can stop you.[/quote]

Sigging the SHIT outta that!

But yeah, other than what the others have suggested, try fighting to the bottom of an ice lab with no clothes, FUN WILL BE HAD!

Or do the J-9 if you’re up for it.

Not up the J-9 yet. Turned off classic zombies, started a new character and immediately got butt raped by a zombie dog. Like a playing a different game.
Thanks for all the replies, I promise to look into building an armored bulldozer.

Not up the J-9 yet. Turned off classic zombies, started a new character and immediately got butt raped by a zombie dog. Like a playing a different game.
Thanks for all the replies, I promise to look into building an armored bulldozer.[/quote]

Pretty confident that ZDs don’t attempt anything other than attacking and biting. :expressionless:

Thanks for all the replies, I promise to look into building an armored bulldozer.[/quote]

Yea until you get your melee up zombie children and smaller animal type enemies are practically ranged weapon required in my experience.

Pretty confident that ZDs don’t attempt anything other than attacking and biting. :-|[/quote]

See it said I was hit in the torso for such and such damage, but the experience… well I felt violated. :-/

Yea until you get your melee up zombie children and smaller animal type enemies are practically ranged weapon required in my experience.[/quote]

I agree. Many lulz were had when I decided to raise my melee skill by chasing a dog around town.

Could always build a cool car and go on a road trip.