What did you learn from Cataclysm?

[quote=“BadSniper, post:18, topic:3983”][quote=“Pthalocy, post:17, topic:3983”]Cata has also taught me the importance of not lighting fires indoors: SMOKE.[/quote]You probably shouldn’t light fires larger than a candle flame indoors to begin with, realistically.

On topic, Cataclysm actually has taught me a few things;

• Have a backup plan. It’s always useful to have a Plan B if Plan A goes down the crapper.
  • Carry extra supplies. If you’re away from your safe area for longer than expected, it’s always nice to have that extra bag of jerky or extra bottle of water.
  • Always carry a light source around. Whether it’s your phone, a flashlight, or a glowstick, it could be very useful.[/quote]

Finding smoke inhalation to be a greater threat than the fire itself is something worth keeping in mind. And you’ve inadvertently reminded me that I have a hard cardboard tube of thin bracelet glowsticks, and then upon finding it, I discovered a pack of votive candles I packed away in case of power outages. Score! So thanks for that.

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:21, topic:3983”][quote=“BadSniper, post:18, topic:3983”][quote=“Pthalocy, post:17, topic:3983”]Cata has also taught me the importance of not lighting fires indoors: SMOKE.[/quote]You probably shouldn’t light fires larger than a candle flame indoors to begin with, realistically.

On topic, Cataclysm actually has taught me a few things;

• Have a backup plan. It’s always useful to have a Plan B if Plan A goes down the crapper.
  • Carry extra supplies. If you’re away from your safe area for longer than expected, it’s always nice to have that extra bag of jerky or extra bottle of water.
  • Always carry a light source around. Whether it’s your phone, a flashlight, or a glowstick, it could be very useful.[/quote]

Finding smoke inhalation to be a greater threat than the fire itself is something worth keeping in mind. And you’ve inadvertently reminded me that I have a hard cardboard tube of thin bracelet glowsticks, and then upon finding it, I discovered a pack of votive candles I packed away in case of power outages. Score! So thanks for that.[/quote]Ha. I only thought of the glowsticks because I have five of them that I purchased a a Scout event (1 individually, the other multi-colored 4 in a pack)

Do glowsticks eventually go bad? I probably have a few red ones in the bottom of one of my toolboxes.

For light sources, I usually carry a penlight, the old one I had took 4 QuadA/R8D425 which are bloody impossible to find, so I recently bought a new one which takes 2 TriA/R03. If the package is to be believed, it’s a 60 Lumen light out of a .5W LED, and lasts 6-8 hours continuous. I haven’t run out yet, but I carry spare batteries anyways

As far as I know, glowsticks don’t really go bad. It’s a glass tube hermetically sealed off from the plastic tube it’s within, which in turn is liquid tight - so long as the insides are sterile to begin with (I’m pretty sure one of the tubes is just hydrogen peroxide), I suspect it would keep for at least a couple years.

Thank you guys, all of you folks, for:
-inspiring me to cook,
-encouraging my sewing efforts (I’d avoid the chore earlier),
-teaching me that Python is a cool, multi-platform one of a kind development tool,
-hours and hours of reading through the finest of the Lore section…

…and last, but not the least - keeping myself hydrated. :slight_smile:

There’s also this acquaintance of mine that went all showy upon playing CataDDA for one or two evenings; he owns a hut in the woods and it gives him some of the finest roleplaying ideas I’ve heard, better yet - it’s in the post-apocalyptic setting alrite. :smiley:

Cataclysm taught me that I can smash refrigerators into masses of metal with my bare hands.

It has taught me that if I boil enough water, I’ll learn how to make meth.

It has also taught me that if I mix bad meat, ammonia, and bleach together, and then drink it, I will gain superpowers, and not just die from toxic gas inhalation.

cata has taught me that drug overdoses don’t exist. so when i snort a Columbian drug mules worth of coke i can dodge the rain.

I’ve learned that the real-life me would stand no chance in any sort of situation involving survival skills. :confused:

Cataclysm has given me a newfound respect for tailoring.

Cataclysm has taught me that if I’m in the zombie apocalypse, meeting another human being could result in the sudden and inexplicable end of the universe so I should never speak to them and definitely shouldn’t do anything they ask me to do.

Also, hi Cataclysm forum!

[quote=“Shadowchaser, post:31, topic:3983”]Cataclysm has taught me that if I’m in the zombie apocalypse, meeting another human being could result in the sudden and inexplicable end of the universe so I should never speak to them and definitely shouldn’t do anything they ask me to do.

Also, hi Cataclysm forum![/quote]

welcome to the crazy world of Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead forums!
NPCs are buggered all to hell at the moment, so no surprise there… though I would suspect that real people would be just as happy to end your life to further their own means if something as awful as the events of in game happened

Yeah, i learned a lot about american culture (specifically from New England) and how your neighbors seem to like your brains.

And now, whenever i kill someone i always destroy their bodies so that they never become undead things again.

Also, your milk has horrible quality and you should contact your water suppliers about the lack of water in your kitchen/bathroom’s sinks.

See? I’m a natural american citizen now :stuck_out_tongue:
Just kidding by the way…

Yes exactly! Hahaha. Cata has taught me that being a gourmand means I can do the milk challenge, which I’ll need of course, to overcome that speed-rotting quality all dairy possesses.

NEVER RELAX AROUND MEESE

NEVER EVER

Cata has taught me that fire is the most useful thing ever.
That doesn’t sound right…

Cataclysm has taught me that I can kill anything with a matchbook or a none.

I’ve taken to always carrying skinning knife with me. I also blame Cata for causing me to forget to shave for the past four weeks.

I learned that taking a cocktail of Oxy, Meth, Cocaine and crack is probably not a good idea unless you are being chased by someone a lot bigger than you.

This :slight_smile: