Weapon Misfiring

It is a rather minor bug; whenever an NPC’s weapon misfires, it writes it as “Your weapon misfires!” despite the weapon being fired by somebody else.

Also, I don’t know if this was intentional (probably not), but even hitting one’s vehicle against a stopped vehicle at just 20kph will send it many tiles away.

The following is not a bug, merely a suggestion:

1- Palisade Gates, despite requiring a shovel, can’t be built in 0.5 unless one manually digs a pit. A message stating as such would have been nice.

Known, but I don’t think anyone’s got around to fixing it yet. There is still a lot of NPC stuff that calls player functions and can create weird messages like this.

Also, I don't know if this was intentional (probably not), but even hitting one's vehicle against a stopped vehicle at just 20kph will send it many tiles away.
I think this has been fixed in the dev versions. There is still some weirdness involved with car crashes that still needs to be worked on though, mainly making cars take realistic amounts of damage on collision with various sundry objects.
1- Palisade Gates, despite requiring a shovel, can't be built in 0.5 unless one manually digs a pit. A message stating as such would have been nice.
IIRC in the current dev version they will automatically dig the pit if you don't have one on the space you are trying to build.

Known, but I don’t think anyone’s got around to fixing it yet. There is still a lot of NPC stuff that calls player functions and can create weird messages like this.

Also, I don't know if this was intentional (probably not), but even hitting one's vehicle against a stopped vehicle at just 20kph will send it many tiles away.
I think this has been fixed in the dev versions. There is still some weirdness involved with car crashes that still needs to be worked on though, mainly making cars take realistic amounts of damage on collision with various sundry objects.
1- Palisade Gates, despite requiring a shovel, can't be built in 0.5 unless one manually digs a pit. A message stating as such would have been nice.
IIRC in the current dev version they will automatically dig the pit if you don't have one on the space you are trying to build.[/quote] Great to hear most of them are already fixed. :)

Is the “Rope and pulley system” going to be made destroyable as well? I rammed my vehicle at it with a speed of around 80 kph but it survived and wrecked my car. :S An option to remove it would be nice.

EDIT: Setting it on flames didn’t accomplish much, smashing it was utterly useless, grenades failed to destroy it, and using a jackhammer was not possible because there was (apparently) no target to hit. Only a mininuke I grabbed off from a nearby lab worked. >.<

The ropes are made of carbon nanofibers. Apparently those things are indestructible. :stuck_out_tongue:

Turrets give the same misfire message. Screws with my mind every time.

Hmm, that misfire message bug is pretty easy to fix. Did so just now.

Sadly your bug only fixed the message for NPC’s, turrets still give the “Your weapon misfired” message.

Wait, what? Why the hell are turrets considered to be PCs rather than NPCs >_<?

Well, time to go fix THAT as well.

(also, just to be clear: I’m not annoyed at you. I’m grateful towards you. The code, on the other hand :P…)

I know that feeling. Some of the code makes me want to tear out my hair and I’m not even one of the main devs :P.

Turrets where in before whales could code NPCs if you remember.