Wander spawns: fixed yet?

Too easy to play without them, too hard to play with them. Either I wind up creating a safezone and grinding skill for yawn too damn long, or else I get hulk spawning before I’ve left the shelter. No middle ground.

Nope, they are still as brutal as before.

Which is to say: extra too many very much ultra brutal.

You could try roleplaying a guy. Such as living off the land and having no idea about the outside world or what has happened. I feel this game can be as easy or difficult as you want it. I play with 1.5 spawn and .3 item spawn to make the game to where I want it.

wander spawns are brutal but if you sit quiet in your house you will do not meet them

I got a 3x spawn rate with wander spawns. I have yet to encounter a huge horde :(.
Maybe my game i broken :open_mouth:

They’re a LOT better than they used to be, I always play with them on now. No more wandering Chinese zombies homing in on that fart from the New England region, just the stuff nearby from when you fired that shotgun you found in the back of a police car after crawling from a hospital naked.

I remember in earlier versions i had hordes literrary spawn on to of me like they where using teleporters. That was amazing.

For some reason wander spawn never wentured near my base, even though i jackhammered a whole motel parking lot. Perhaps because there was a river between me and nearby town? Or that significantly large town is not even near?

For some reason wander spawn never wentured near my base, even though i jackhammered a whole motel parking lot. Perhaps because there was a river between me and nearby town? Or that significantly large town is not even near?[/quote]

sonic resonator is not alerting zombies for me too, but few shoots from pipe smg (npc) draw zombies from realy big area

Question about hordes: are theay “generated” by noise like early dynamic spawn or are they themselves static spawned but get attracted by noise?

static atracted by noisce

each horde is mobile spawn what have its spawn pool
when horde is near it start to spawn zombies
spawning zombies decrease spawnpool how much it take depneds on zombie (hulk need something about 50 if i good rembember while rot weiler take 3)
when spawn pool is depleted horde disapear

Some of you seem to have a different experience, so I’ll clarify: The only noise I’ve made is smashing a locker with a rock to make a knife spear. Consistently, before the end of the day, before I’ve left the shelter, and indeed made any noise aside, I’m faced with shocker zombie hulks smashing down the walls.

IIRC, static spawn is on, because it is similarly to damn easy to keep quiet and never attract attention.

[quote=“TacticalPteridactyl, post:12, topic:8249”]Some of you seem to have a different experience, so I’ll clarify: The only noise I’ve made is smashing a locker with a rock to make a knife spear. Consistently, before the end of the day, before I’ve left the shelter, and indeed made any noise aside, I’m faced with shocker zombie hulks smashing down the walls.

IIRC, static spawn is on, because it is similarly to damn easy to keep quiet and never attract attention.[/quote]

City might be like two blocks away. It gets ugly.

Nah. Butt-fuck nowhere. AND EVEN IF IT WERE, that shouldn’t be happening.

static atracted by noisce

each horde is mobile spawn what have its spawn pool
when horde is near it start to spawn zombies
spawning zombies decrease spawnpool how much it take depneds on zombie (hulk need something about 50 if i good rembember while rot weiler take 3)
when spawn pool is depleted horde disapear[/quote]
aah nice. Thanks.