Volume and encumbrance inconsistencies in guns?

Seems like there are some inconsistencies between guns and their respective volumes, specifically; the M4A1 and the MP5A2. The MP5 is supposed to be a submachinegun, yet its way bulkier than the M4

I don’t know if this is intended, but it doesn’t seem realistic, as the MP5 is clearly smaller than an M4. The weights are fine, but this just makes good submachineguns a complete downgrade from rifles, since you aren’t even saving in volume and encumbrance when you strap it on.
I don’t know if it’s just these two guns, but since these are the main guns i seem to find from zombie soldiers and bio-operators, it’s what i am showing.

2 Likes

The standard m4a1 has a retractable stock being 29.75 in long while the mp5a2 fixed stock version measures about 27 in , their magazines also don’t seem that different in volume so yeah I’d say this is definitely inaccurate.

Guns are in the middle of a gradual volume re-work, as each gun’s displacement is calculated from images and reference drawings. It’s a lot of work and has resulted in stuff like this, but it should get fixed eventually.

If you’d like to see the process.

1 Like