Vehicles wont repair 0.C 5312

some objects in vehicles wont repair, ever.

pressing r to repair jumps to the tile the bed is on, r again highlights the bed itself, a third r starts the repairs and then it asks for a tool to use to repair, have tried welder, ductape, and integrated toolset. a minute passes in game time and then comes back to the vehicle screen and the bed is not repaired.

this also happens with my heavy duty hatches and minireactor.

[quote=“tarburst98, post:1, topic:12295”]some objects in vehicles wont repair, ever.

pressing r to repair jumps to the tile the bed is on, r again highlights the bed itself, a third r starts the repairs and then it asks for a tool to use to repair, have tried welder, ductape, and integrated toolset. a minute passes in game time and then comes back to the vehicle screen and the bed is not repaired.

this also happens with my heavy duty hatches and minireactor.[/quote]Sounds like a bad bug, yeah.
As a workaround, are you able to uninstall it and repair it using soldering iron?

Can’t reproduce. Could be rounding errors. Are all those parts barely damaged? How many charges of welder or duct tape are used in repairs? If very low (1 or 0 charges used), it also points to rounding errors.

You could try this:
Save the game
Damage the part by bashing it. If a wrong part is damaged, you can close the game to avoid saving, then load it.
Repair it

If it works, it means it was rounding errors.

Alternatively, remove the part, solder/sew it and reinstall it. This won’t help finding the bug, though.

Having the same problem (o.c-17057). probably rounding errors, it only seem to effect items like car battery, doors, roofs, beds and the minireactor

Always repairs to light-green even if damaged to red or yellow

…(this game really has changed, and became a lot more unstable form when i was here ages ago…)

shit, this has caused a secondary bug. i removed the minireactor and that auto-unloaded it. i picked up the plutonium cells, and when i dropped them i then had a 'plutonium cell {0} item, i can’t drop it with d D and trying to use / to drop crashes the game.

in addition to not repairing, my cdda (5313, win, tiles) crashes when I move the selector ouside of the area occupied by my vehicle. I can also reproduce the crash by removing the last part (frame) on a tile (part is removed, game switches back to vehicle construction window, then crashes).

EDIT: soemtimes it does not crash when moving the selector off the vehicle, and in the case of removing the frame, I apparently misremembered, for it crashes before the vehicle construction window reappears.

EDIT2: can’t seem to reproduce the crash with a fresh world and vehicles spawed through debug… must be my old save that did not take the latest update well :frowning: