Vehicle turret blacklist?

Like the title says, is there a way to set a blacklist for creatures that are targeted by vehicle turrets? I am asking this because it seems that my mounted laser rifles have decided that cattle need to be exterminated; I lost a few cattle by accident when I passed by them in my vehicle.

I should also note that this is the default vehicle system as the only mods I have are “Disable npc needs” and “Filthy clothing”.

Huh, my turrets only seem to shoot things that turn hostile. Mad cows?

Maybe cattle can turn hostile?

"The domestic cow, a baleful, ruminating farm animal. It is quite muscular, and the males can have a violent streak to accompany their nasty-looking horns."
Taken from the wiki, I have seen this description in game and I tested if they could go hostile. As far as I know they don’t, but the description seems to show otherwise.

Maybe you should switch off the turrets as you’re traveling, and only activate them when there is real danger.

Question: Are you playing the stable or experimental version?

I love my turrets so much that I can’t turn them off. They create a nice little safety area around me :slight_smile:

I always play the experimentals. Although, my version is probably slightly outdated (I don’t know how to find the version :P) and this is the first time I compiled it myself (on Ubuntu).

Edit: Is the number that shows up on the main window the latest change or something? Because mine shows cf919fc.

It should say what version it is on the file itself. Still, turning the turrets off when you’re camping out should make it so that you won’t kill cows. Since I don’t use turrets in my playthroughs I can’t give that much advice on them.

Is it possible to switch what your turret will and will not target? By this I mean killing hostile creatures only.

It should say what version it is on the file itself. Still, turning the turrets off when you’re camping out should make it so that you won’t kill cows.
I downloaded from the git repository for my version of CDDA, so it is just labeled as “Cataclysm - DDA”. The cattle are enclosed in a large pen that they spawned in and my base is a few map tiles away from them, so I don’t really run into the issue of them getting killed while I am doing things other than driving. And I have learned to keep clear of the cow pen when in a vehicle now.

Is it possible to switch what your turret will and will not target? By this I mean killing hostile creatures only.
That’s what I am wondering myself (hence why this topic exists).

Since I don’t use turrets in my playthroughs I can’t give that much advice on them.
Why don’t you use vehicle turrets? Is it a balance thing?