Using Lua to change tool of arbitrary number of recipes

Is it possible?
Let’s say I want to take all recipes that require tailoring, difficulty more than 3, check if they have needles/sewing kit, remove needles/sewing kit tools entry, add sewing machine entry with the same amount of required charges (aka thread) as used by needles. Can it be done with current Lua?

I’m not sure if Lua has a way to enumerate recipes, but if it does or if it’s added it’ll work the same way as the slow or fast zombie mods.

Good to hear.

Speaking of which, is it possible to override recipes in mods? I.e. if I define a recipe with ID matching some recipe in the base game, does game use its own recipe, mod recipe, or outputs an error if that mod is activated?
Come on, I want to have it able to override recipes for personal purposes, and purposes of modding.

A quote from doc/JSON_INFO.md:

###RECIPES ... "override": false, // Optional (default: false). If false and the ident of the recipe is already used by another recipe, loading of recipes fails. If true and a recipe with the ident is already defined, the existing recipe is replaced by the new recipe. ...

[quote=“BevapDin, post:4, topic:7444”]A quote from doc/JSON_INFO.md:

###RECIPES ... "override": false, // Optional (default: false). If false and the ident of the recipe is already used by another recipe, loading of recipes fails. If true and a recipe with the ident is already defined, the existing recipe is replaced by the new recipe. ...
[/quote] ...I need to read more manuals. Yay! I can make my custom-override mod now! Is it possible to override overmap generation, i.e. distance from the city, as well? [s]And item definitions?[/s] Okay item definitions look overriddable... resulting in 2 entrees in the debug item list, with different numbers, but same (overridden) stats. Is it desired behavior?