Uses of 'small electric motor'?

I’ve found lots of these, by disassembling broken stuff, etc. One can even craft a small electric motor with ease (I think these are the only craftable things which can be identified as an “engine”). What is the use of these? Apart from blade traps and such, do these have any other uses, like in a vehicle. I know that installing them in a vehicle will cause them to break down as soon as the vehicle is started (since they’re pretty weak), and installing them in a vehicle which has already a motor (large or normal) will cause degradation in (safe) speed, efficiency. Are there any real uses of this in vehicle (precisely-speaking, the electric ones)?

This may sound like a stupid question but I’m sure that they’ve a use of some sort in a vehicle.

Yup, in electric cars. SOLAR MASTER RACE FOREVER

Shove it in the trunk, install it and some solar panels and you should go faster. Don’t question if it works or not etc… Just shove it in and drive away.

It could possibly be used in a very small vehicle. Even when running at full speed, the small electric engine is incredibly silent.

You can install it as a door motor to open doors from the controls. This can be useful when your car is all opaque and you want to view its rear.

Other than that - not really. I usually use them to grind electronics from 3 to 4 or so.

It’s used in some electronic crafting recipes and for turrets.

Drive by wire controls for your vehicle require 3 small electric motors. They’re an ingredient for most electricity-powered cutting tools. Don’t install them in a vehicle, except maybe a shopping cart.

In fairness, I wouldn’t use any of the electric-powered cutting tools, either; in many cases they’re actually inferior to tools that don’t consume batteries (example: electric chainsaw, which has a poorer tree-cutting quality than the wood axe). The exception is that if the hunting knife really isn’t good enough for you somehow, you can use a powered circular saw for a butchering quality of 60, but that is probably overkill.

The electric jackhammer, however, can be useful if you haven’t found a gasoline-powered jackhammer, given that they aren’t just lying around in most places, or if you’d just rather consume batteries than gasoline.

And if you mod it that it runs of UPS and have the CBM that acts like a UPS it is very helpfull (Given that you have a good CBM power-storage/generation. Or doesn’t that work?)

And if you mod it that it runs of UPS and have the CBM that acts like a UPS it is very helpfull (Given that you have a good CBM power-storage/generation. Or doesn’t that work?)[/quote]

Haven’t tried it myself, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t.

And if you mod it that it runs of UPS and have the CBM that acts like a UPS it is very helpfull (Given that you have a good CBM power-storage/generation. Or doesn’t that work?)[/quote]

Haven’t tried it myself, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t.[/quote]
It does. Oh yes it does. Very well I might add. With the torsion joint ratchet for power and the UPS CBM you will basically never have problems with energy for any personal electronics outside of building a car massive mobile fortress.

Or maybe you could mod it with a rechargeable battery mod to make it charge off from a vehicle battery, I think that would be more efficient given that you’ve a recharging station in your vehicle.

Currently I use this layout, UPS (rechargeable) + Internal UPS CBM > UPS Modded tools > Unlimited running time.

Or maybe you could mod it with a rechargeable battery mod to make it charge off from a vehicle battery, I think that would be more efficient given that you’ve a recharging station in your vehicle.

Currently I use this layout, UPS (rechargeable) + Internal UPS CBM > UPS Modded tools > Unlimited running time.[/quote]
The problem with rechargeable battery mod is that you have to dump the tool inot the container where the chargers is and be honest: If you are drilling underground, do you want to go back up every 6+ uses to recharge?

UPS mod + UPS CBM are usefull if you operate away from your vehicle and you are sure that you will use more than 1 full charge.

[quote=“Darkfirephoenix, post:12, topic:8712”]The problem with rechargeable battery mod is that you have to dump the tool inot the container where the chargers is and be honest: If you are drilling underground, do you want to go back up every 6+ uses to recharge?

UPS mod + UPS CBM are usefull if you operate away from your vehicle and you are sure that you will use more than 1 full charge.[/quote]

Even if you’ve a UPS in your inventory, the ups cbm will cause you to lose a small amount of bionic power but that is negligible compared to the charge drawn. I use a ups modded flashlight in combination with a ups modded with a rechargeable battery for long time exploring of labs and other underground structures. A UPS which takes regular batteries is just a waste of batteries even if you’ve tons of batteries or gallon jugs of vinegar. I think a UPS modded with a rechargeable battery is even more useful than the advanced ups.