Unboxing snacks saves volume

Unloaded a box of veggie pizza. Seems the pizza itself doesn’t have any volume, plus the description still stated it as being boxed.
Same goes for chips. Probably more as well.

Omg I did not know that. Potato-chip-y ammo.

This seems like a silly thing to do unless you need the cardboard before you need the food. I don’t know what for, flammables are easy enough to find.

Why carry a big box around when you can stack slices and save space? That was my reasoning. Worthwhile endeavor.

Unpack pizzas, stack like CDs. You have now created a delicious (if unhealthy) layered cylinder of pizza-y delight, unfettered by the euclidean constraints of cardboard oppression!

What’s even ickier is walking around for three days with a slice in your pocket, then whipping it out and brushing the lint off, saying, ‘good enough’ before eating it.

What's even ickier is walking around for three days with a slice in your pocket, then whipping it out and brushing the lint off, saying, 'good enough' before eating it.

Yeah, I stopped thinking like a survivor there and thought 'NO BOX? HOW SILLY."

Though realistically if this is do-able with sugar, that’s … good luck with holding that.

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:5, topic:1688”]

What’s even ickier is walking around for three days with a slice in your pocket, then whipping it out and brushing the lint off, saying, ‘good enough’ before eating it.

Yeah, I stopped thinking like a survivor there and thought 'NO BOX? HOW SILLY."

Though realistically if this is do-able with sugar, that’s … good luck with holding that.[/quote]

Scorpio can!

Though realistically if this is do-able with sugar, that's .... good luck with holding that.

Just make sure to store it in a different pocket from all of your illicit powdered substances.
Don’t want to end up accidentally snorting a rail of fructose in the middle of battle; it’s bad form and it probably doesn’t do much for your speed rating.

[quote=“Rivet, post:7, topic:1688”]

Though realistically if this is do-able with sugar, that’s … good luck with holding that.

Just make sure to store it in a different pocket from all of your illicit powdered substances.
Don’t want to end up accidentally snorting a rail of fructose in the middle of battle; it’s bad form and it probably doesn’t do much for your speed rating.[/quote]

On the other hand, a line of coke in the morning coffee really puts a spring in your step!

Yup, just filled my pockets with non-spatial sugar.

Yeah, I noticed this last night with beef jerky. Typically it comes in a bag but I kept crafting it and making jerky with 0 volume. I considered putting it in a bag but I figured it was a waste of a perfectly good bag.

And this is why I discourage vacc-packing meat slices. Takes the same amount of salt but adds volume.

Non-spatial sugar oh damn. At least liquids aren’t affected by this (I would totally keep pocket-coffees).

Pockets full of loose pizza, sugar, drugs, and beverages.
All I can say is it’s not going to be good eats when you finally get around to digging that stuff out for dinner.

Just take your pants off, cook them in a large stew pot, let them dry, put them back on and dig in! Very handy and requires very little cooking skill! It’s a sort of surprise craft.

Cafeteria mystery soup: secrets revealed.

“Tonight we’re having ‘loaf’ and ‘soup’ for dinner, kids!”

“Ewww! I found a bone in mine. No wait. Sorry, false alarm; it was just a crack rock.”

Works with anything in a container, but not always to any advantage.

If you take some SPAM out of a tin can, for example, it adds 1 volume to your inventory (the SPAM weighs as much out of the tin can as it does inside of it, and an empty tin can has a volume of 1, weight 0). The SPAM never goes off whether it’s inside of a can or not.

Ick. That’s wrong on so many levels.

Contrary to popular belief, both SPAM and Twinkies will eventually go bad in real life.
I’m not arguing that it will in Cataclysm, mind you. I just thought I’d throw that into the discussion before the inevitable post reading ‘Hurrr durr just like in real life!’

It’s because the game assumes it’s always either eaten or inside a tin can, therefore the base consumable simply never spoils. Same applies to beans, ravioli, etc.

Huh. So pizza will never go bad after being unboxed?

I mean, I know cooked meat will… since I never put it in a container in the first place.