Turning off zlevels option on the latest experimental is gone

there have been huge overhauls in lighting optimisation and other optimisations that have helped a bunch, with only more to come to improve performance.

So long as you have a laptop made this decade (a 2011 sandy bridge i5 laptop should be plenty to run the game well), you should be alright.
Intel atom based devices, even with a z8700 or a celeron n4100 might chug a big, but even a core m3 6y30 from 2016 runnning at 10 watts tdp should run cdda well.

if you’re running a core2duo or older, you can find better machines thrown out for free on the side of the road sometimes.

android devices without at least say, a snapdragon 636 or 820, 4gb ram maybe might suffer, but you can get faster devices than that on a budget these days.

1 Like

I’ll happily refund all the money you paid me when you bought CDDA from me if you’re that dissatisfied with the game.

In general, if you don’t like the free game I’m providing, you’re welcome to either use an old version that is more to your liking or contribute code to make new versions more to your liking. It’s what I do.

Beyond that, I’m just going to laugh at your impotent and meaningless anger.

5 Likes