Translating the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Cataclysm

Hi translators! I’m writing to ask for your help with a CDDA-adjacent project: the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Cataclysm. The Hitchhiker’s Guide is a searchable index of all the game’s data—items, monsters, terrain, vehicle parts, bionics, the lot. It is already capable of reading the game’s translation files, so the item names and descriptions are all translated. However, until now, the interface itself—headings, labels and so on—has been stuck in English.

That’s changed! The Guide is now translatable on Transifex. If you find the Guide useful, I’d greatly appreciate your help in translating the UI!

That’s all. Happy surviving.

3 Likes

That’s great news. When I get time, I’ll give it a try. Thanks for your hard work.

1 Like

Hi. I’ve just found about this project. I’m going to start with the argentinian translation. :hugs:

1 Like

Oh wonderful! Where did you find out about it? I’ve posted in a couple of places but would love to spread the word further! If there’s anywhere else you think would be good to post about it, I’d love to know about it.

I’ve read about it here, at the forum. I don’t log in too often nowadays.
And I’m not in touch with others translators, but maybe Discord is more active?

lol :see_no_evil:. i got this message in my email and thought it came through transifex, not cdda discourse. of course you heard about it here hahaha, i’m an idiot :smiley:

1 Like