Traits; Need Rebalanced?

Now that you mention it … why don’t people suffer penalties for wearing ill-fitting shoes?[/quote]

If the shoes have Encumbrance, they do!

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:19, topic:8764”]Because no one implemented them.

Plus, it happens in 'Murka and 'Murkans haet mass transit.[/quote]
New England’s got quite a bit of railroads, and besides, there’s freight trains.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:19, topic:8764”]Why mud?
Other than that, I agree. Though I’d rather see “damage” as “pain and occasionally 1 hp hits to one of the feet” than just damage.[/quote]
Swamp soil, simulating the feet getting bogged down and slipping and the like. Pain would work well, yes.

Not even close to the effect wearing ill-fitting shoes does, though. A little bit harder to move against often-excruating pain and constant blistering. In comparsion terms, I move significantly faster in flip-flops (En 4) than I did in very ill-fitting winter boots (En 2) that had the leather edge constantly hitting my lateral malleouses.

…speaking of these winter boots, how do I cobble… and does anyone know how to soften already-vulcanized rubber soles? My other pair’s got rock hard soles, which is really, really counterproductive for walking on ice.

Bumping because I recently sent a PR with some of those changes included.

I won’t paste the changes here, because it’s quite long. I summed up all the proposed changes in the PR description.