I’ve always wondered why running water doesn’t exist in the houses I loot :frowning:
I like the idea, it sounds promising.

No power -> no running pumps -> no water, so running water in sinks/whatnot will probably stay out until we start to get NPC towns that are powered up again (which is quite a long ways off).

Soap/bathing is planned in the sense that you will be able to take one if you want (with potential morale/scent benefits). The zombie soap idea is fairly interesting though.

Somehow I have this feeling that soap made from zombies is not very healthy to rub on your skin.

"Well, it worked in the walking dead!"
Rubs on skin.
“OH GOD IT BURNS!”

There’s already a zombie smell thing you can make from Ammonia, Bleach, and tainted meat.

I’d like to see the occasional handpump well at farms and stuff. I can’t think of why it wouldn’t be clean. If you want to make them less easy you can always make them prone to breaking (fix with mechanics + some parts?) or prone to going dry (refill slowly over time?).

One of my personal goals is to add a handpump to farms. The water will probably be the same cleanliness as rainwater, i.e. a 1 in 4 chance of having the barest minimum of poison in it (after all they were dumping radioactive waste and whatnot into the water near the end), or maybe slightly cleaner. This will probably happen right around the same point that toilets get updated to static amounts of water though (instead of being infinite sources).

I like the bathing idea and the handpump and the shower unit.

Some soap and the ability to use it with water in order to wash up and reduce our scent trail would be awesome!

OK, the bathing ideas have been disscussed plenty in other threads, they reached that showering might be nice and all. It is just awaiting coding from the devs. So /most/ of what you guys are talking about is repeated.

One of my personal goals is to add a handpump to farms. The water will probably be the same cleanliness as rainwater, i.e. a 1 in 4 chance of having the barest minimum of poison in it (after all they were dumping radioactive waste and whatnot into the water near the end), or maybe slightly cleaner. This will probably happen right around the same point that toilets get updated to static amounts of water though (instead of being infinite sources).[/quote]

Uh, aside from the whole “Blob in groundwater” thing, or perhaps hydraulic fracking runoff (the whole lighting-your-tap-water-on-fire stunt), or the toxic dump over there…

But yeah, wells & manual pumping could be nifty.