Tools issues

1. basic repair kit has a hammer as a component, but doesn’t have the hammering quality, while toolbox, which has basic repair kit as component has hammering as a quality - either give the repair kit the hammering quality (which should is the right fix imho) or take it out from the toolbox (which is nonsense imho).

2. Toolbox only takes a screwdriver as component, but gains the fine screw driving quality, even though the screwdriver doesn’t have it - the toolbox has to have the screwdriving set as a component instead.

The first bit is presumably a spot of general forgetfulness, while the second part is a result of not changing all recipes to account for the screwdriver set. ;_;

Also, disassembling a toolbox does not return a metalworking chisel which is part of the basic repair kit.

It would probably be a good idea to split off basic repair kit and toolbox. They overlap too much.

Removing the repair function from toolbox would allow adding all tool functions to it.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:4, topic:10109”]It would probably be a good idea to split off basic repair kit and toolbox. They overlap too much.

Removing the repair function from toolbox would allow adding all tool functions to it.[/quote]

Well, if you do that, it almost becomes a survivor utility belt, i don’t see any point, also, we’d then need an advanced repair kit that uses less duct tape :P.

To be honest, i always choose the survival utility belt over the toolbox (i only use a toolbox if i find one). I rarely repair wooden stuff and duct tape is easy enough to make the increased cost a non-problem.

The survival belt has a ridiculously high skill requirement though. For…what, 8 more storage than a tool belt? Even then I find it more efficient to leave it empty and store most of the tools in the shopping cart I inevitably acquire.

i like it mostly because it makes my inventory cleaner and easier to use and it allows me to have my tools with me everywhere. You can’t take the cart with you in a vehicle, you can’t get it on another z-level (at least with the default settings, not sure about the z-levels ‘on’).

A foldable cart solves those problems, true, but i still need to fold/unfold it every time i change the level, and, as you could probably understand, i am very lazy.

True, but it’s easier to work around the shopping cart than it is to grind tailoring.

Also, yet another derp is that it now takes a screwdriver set (still glad I added that) but the storage volume is calculated off the original volume of all the tools needed.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:8, topic:10109”]True, but it’s easier to work around the shopping cart than it is to grind tailoring.

Also, yet another derp is that it now takes a screwdriver set (still glad I added that) but the storage volume is calculated off the original volume of all the tools needed.[/quote]

make the screwdriver set craftable :). like 3-4 screwdrivers = 1 set (implying that we made all those screwdrivers different, request some more exotic tools, like fine hammering and fine metal sawing, to make it non-trivial)

Maybe. Would still require I maybe tweak volume to solve the issue of inconsistencies. >.<