Toolbox consuming Duct Tape when cutting up Clothes

Hi guys, I had a brief search for this in the forum but didn’t find anything relating to it.

I’m currently playing on the latest experimental build.

So yeah, I found out the hard way that if you (A)ctivate the Toolbox, Select “Cut up and Item” and choose a garment to cut up, it will still consume the 25 Duct Tape requirement as if it were repairing an item made of Wood, Paper, Chitin or Bone etc.

Just bringing it up, I’m off to slay blobs and make more gaffer tape now :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Just found that you need Duct tape in it at all to access the menu to cut up fabrics. So I guess that’s where the issue lies.

That’s…downright facepalm-inducing, but most likely because the tool’s set to consume duct tape via it’s “charges to use” setting, which is then reference when you use any of its functions.

Hardcoding the repair function to consume charges instead will break other stuff by removing the ability to have different items consume difference amounts of ammo. Basic repair kits and toolboxes consume different amounts of tape, as do resinous cords in More Survival Tools (which only consume 1 charge of a consumable).

Not sure when was it added, but I warned someone about adding extra functions to toolbox this at least once.

Currently the only way to fix that bug is to make toolbox either not capable of reinforcing stuff or not capable of cutting stuff.

As I suspected, yeah. -w-

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:3, topic:10897”]Not sure when was it added, but I warned someone about adding extra functions to toolbox this at least once.

Currently the only way to fix that bug is to make toolbox either not capable of reinforcing stuff or not capable of cutting stuff.[/quote]

Easy option would be just to remove the Pocket Knife from its Bill of Materials its not really a necessary option anyhow since pocket knives weigh practically nothing, and most folks will at least have a knife or blade on them to cut stuff up. Hence why probably nobody really noticed in the first place…

But its just once of those nasty surprises when you wonder “Where the fuck did all my tape go???”

Maybe. Or just remove the knife use_action. It already lacks the hammer, screwdriver, and hacksaw use_actions despite being used to make a toolbox, so why should the knife be a special exception? >w>