Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

How does score system works? I’ve transferred character between worlds about a month ago and just now noticed all her scores are at 0. Kill tracker works fine, it’s just scores that are affected for some reason. The only thing I could find about them is in playername.sav file, in stats_tracker section:

“initial_scores”: [ “score_walked”, “score_kills”, “score_moves”, “score_damage_taken”, “score_damage_healed”, “score_headshots” ]

is there a way to know which lighting object last more? i thought i a reading light would last more than a candle, but nope, and the wiki says the oil lamp lose a charge every 45 moves, so i think that is even worse

Oil/gasoline lanterns are crap compared to electric lantern.

Where can I read an overview of Camps, how to set them up, why to set them up, etc?

idk if there is a good explanation/tutorial on the forums, but if its just an overview there is the help section ingame(iirc) or if you have an NPC follower it has a section for it, i asked it and i managed to start one

Talk to an NPC, select the topic that includes the words “NPC TUTORIAL”, and then ask the NPC questions about faction camps.

I’m here to complain about heat again.

At least you can counter the cold with clothes but what am I supposed to do about this? This is in the sun, in the shade it’s a smooth 25 points of warmth, meaning I can’t even wear a t-shirt without overheating there as well.

In my latest world I set it to start in Autumn so I could skip Summer.

Autumn was still too hot.

Noticed there’s a age system in character creation. Is there any more information on this and future plans?

Does everything that can spoil get a prolonged life if kept cold or are there some items that don’t?

Using real world logic, cereal and crackers for example would end up with reduced longevity if kept in a refrigerator and while I know that’s not the case for the game, I don’t know if it helps them or does nothing.

ATM i believe is only for flavor, after all, everything of it (age and heaight) is randomized, duno about the future plans.

AFAIK it helps everything that rots,although i dont know if its still like before, when freezeing something gave it undefined lifetime as long as it was frozen

2 Likes

How am I supposed to disassemble heavy objects like engines? You can’t disassemble items at a crafting spot and wielding a 250kg engine block fucks your speed up completely. Of course it’s still doable but it’s so dumb that I feel like there’s some mechanic I’ve overlooked.

On the semi-topic of crafting spots, vehicles really need some better tables, 30 volume workbench is laughable. Unless there’s some better option I haven’t seen.

That’s what I assumed, saw that latest experimental builds are reworking freezing or something so might change things.

Are you sure? Did you try dropping it + opening 'B’utchering menu while standing on the same tile? You should get disassembling option(s) even if you don’t have necessary tools (it will say which ones if you choose something you cannot disassemble with what you’ve got).

Oh yeah I used the disassemble shortcut instead and then it says ‘Too heavy to pick up’, butchering works (doesn’t even need to be a crafting spot) but wasn’t thinking of that since I tend to only use it for multiple items.

Since in the recent builds labs have been revamped, is there any place where I can find a CVD machine or do I have to poke every lab and pray it’s one that is more like older builds?

There’s a Hub 01, I might just raid that if push comes to shove to see if there’s a CVD machine down there.

in case you still get the message that it is too big (it happens too when you are crafting something big and for some reason you cant progress (like not enough charges) and then you want to retake it) you can:
1 haul it over something that works as a workshop table (like a table, desk etc)
2 craft a leather tarp and when activating it putting it under the desired item (or just haul it over the leather tarp)
in both cases you have to select the option to “work on craft”

AFAIK there are no CVD machines in the hub 01, you best bet is to raid every lab you find, but the science labs, not the other ones

Yeah I just forgot about it, I don’t understand why you have to pick up items to disassemble them if you’re within reach. Makes it really annoying if you use ‘unclimable’ furniture as storage.

Anyway, what has really been a thorn in my side since I begun my mobile fortress project is the workbench size. Why is my (for now) 15 ton luxury RV unable to handle a table with more than 30 volume? Sure is fun making crafting spots outside my vehicle just to be able to craft those 400kg large storage batteries.

Is there really a reason to have this anti- quality of life ‘feature’? Let me live in my goddamn car if I want to.

i suddenly have problems with the makeshift crowbar, it cant open any doors/windows its from the update or is on of my mods?

mods

1 Like

I believe the makeshift crowbar been updated to be more intended for opening crates, but doors and windows not so much.

1 Like

Diamond weapons no longer exist.