Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

How do I reset the “faulty” bionics I recover from corpses. I have an autoclave but no idea how to reset them back

Wait really? So what does a CBM machine do now?

Sigh…yes, you can diamond coat weapons still. It’s the CVD machine finale in labs. Bring Hydrogen canisters (40) and coal/charcoal (200).

1 Like

Select the faulty CBM from your inventory and choose the "m"end option. You will need some basic tools and mending will take 45 minutes.

1 Like

Never smash corpses until the moving are dealt with. Smashing uses stamina. Lack of stamina equals death.

1 Like

Okay then. I assumed they were gone because the item list no longer includes them and the lab journal that used to contain the recipe now contains nothing.

1 Like

Ow the lab journal for Diamond weapons been phased out. Believe it something to do with being a pain finding it as well as a the CBM machine. So you no longer need it to make diamond weapons

I have some vehicle related questions.

1. Shock absorbers, do they help protect components around the point of impact more than other types of plating which focus more on protecting the place they’re directly attached to?

2. How does using multiple engines affect fuel/energy consumption?

I’m guessing with enough weight you need an extra engine but what happens with excessive motor/engine power? Does it mean that neither one runs at 100% and thus consume less fuel/energy? Do they always run at 100% and having 2 just means improved acceleration and top speed?

1. How do you guys deal with balancing defense and visibility when driving?

Currently I’m using a double layer of outer quarterpanels and inner windshields, though this makes the vehicle quite bulky (7 tiles wide). Did some tests with surveillance cameras but their range is a lot worse than my default and they’re unable to see in the dark (how are night vision cameras not a thing?).

EDIT:
What does it mean when parts on they vehicle screen are colored red despite being fully repaired? Just a visual bug or is it telling me something else? I could only find mentions about component damage when looking around.

For car visibility, indoor mirrors help alot. Put one in the back, 1 on each side of the vehicle and viola! Near full visibility.

Yeah I’m already using 'em but I still need a lot of windshields (especially when turning and the vehicle isn’t perfectly aligned for mirrors) which led me to this double layer situation.

Now this works fine but like I said it’s a tad bulky for city driving.

1 Like

Shock absorbers are currently just crappy armor. Sorry, I haven’t had time to fix this.

Fuel efficiency is covered on the engines page of the player wiki and in the in-game help files.

hmmmm, then there not much more I can recommend, mirrors and cameras tend to be it when not come to improving visibility. Maybe a repositioning of the seat to be in the centre?

Also if your having trouble getting through the city, install a couple of rollers and go THROUGH the city. 10/10 best plan ever.

Alright thanks for clearing that up for me.

“A couple” pfft, way ahead of you.

Also my current visual situation is great but if I were to slim it down I’d either have to remove the outer protective layer and expose my windshields or rely entirely on quarterpanels with no windshields.

But for autistic reasons I don’t want to rely solely on quarterpanels, it just doesn’t make sense to have huge holes on the sides of my vehicle, even if enemies can’t climb through/over.

1 Like

Hmm, just a windshield in front? Aren’t you afraid of random turrets/c-walkers shooting straight through it?
Also, frames? Why not heavy-duty frames instead? You already have 30 tonnes to drag, couple more shouldn’t change anything.

The rollers block movement so I’m assuming also projectiles? Besides the windshields have military composite armor plating so should be quite sturdy. I guess adding a layer of quarterpannels between the two isn’t much of an issue, to absorb shock impact if nothing else.

The vehicle is a mix of heavy duty and regular frames because this is originally a Luxury RV and I lacked the parts at the start, this is a long and ongoing building project.
The 3 first front rows are entirely heavy duty frames as well as the very back which has heavy duty frames beneath the rollers.

Replacing the other frames with heavy variants is planned and I’m currently salvaging a SWAT and military vehicle for parts.

Actually I thought of another question, roller drums behave a bit weird in the way that they’re classified as armor plates but you can mount other armor plates on top of them. Naturally I mounted spiked plates on them but it seems as if they then took priority and enemies were no longer damaged by the rollers. What’s that all about?

I just remember getting hit through exactly same configuration (armored reinforced glass) in one shot. So now I’m using 2 wing mirrors on the front corners and full sight blocking on all sides. While robots are dumb and only shoot at you instead of any moving vehicle, that’ll suffice.
(it’s kinda an old screenshot but the front part is still unchanged)

I had wing mirrors in a protected alcove like that before but when turning they still got exposed. However I just realized that with the naked frames I have outside the doors, they turn into indoor variants and should be much more secure.

This opens up some new ways of building, need to think about this some more.
The immediate problem is that currently if positioned outside my doors, a small area in the front remains invisible.

I’ve played around a bit and this is where I’m at now.

EDIT: Uploaded new pic, spent a bunch of time minmaxing see-through components and mirrors. I can now install an opaque backdoor and block all the side windows

This means I’ll be able to shave off the outer quarterpanels on the sides since I’ll be able replace all those windshields with boards, I’ll also add an extra layer of quarter panels on the back, between the windows and rollers.

• Green means the component fully blocks your view.
  • Yellow means it’s a quarterpanel
  • Red means those are windows I no longer need and can turn into boards (curtains closed in pic)
  • Blue is where the mirrors are
  • White are doors/windows I need to see through

I can do a full 360 without losing any visibility like this, though one thing that bothers me is that invisible roller right in front of my seat. Not a huge deal but still something I’m trying to work around.

I can narrow the cockpit a bit but that would make my character exposed during turns.
Have you managed to get a fully unobstructed view on your build no matter where you turn?

3 Likes

now i feel ashamed xD, most of the time i just make enough space from a readily available vehicle, and hope to find an atomic tank to change to it.

Oh, my bad. Those are indeed mirrors on frames. With armored reinforced windshields.