Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

Last time i checked the grappling Hook is only coded to work in a few specialized locations to prevent player damage (sinkholes, broken stairs…). It is not a ‘use anywhere’ item that you can deploy to descend from heights.

2 Likes

Does anyone knows if mutations like “leaves” are restricted by gear (and how much nutrition it gives)? i know there are some mutations that are restricted by what you are wearing, but most doesnt say so.

I believe leaves for example does not work while wearing headgear. Toe roots doesn’t work while wearing any footwear, etc.

1 Like

Is possible to make an item to work like minecraft rod(using it to fetch items from a distance)? or would there be the need to code some c++ lines?

I’m starting to get more and more irritated at guns. I don’t know how to attach gunmods, and i’m 100% sure that the attachments I want to add on are perfectly fine to do and I have the required marksmanship level to do it. Do I need some sort of kit? I just find it irritating that I can’t attach a brass catcher or re-attach a mod that I took off my rifle as a test. It just says that it can’t find any available guns to modify.

Also is there a way to remove bionics via the debug menu or file editing? These telescopic eyes deleted like 4 of my mutations and i’d rather have them back, but every so often the bionic itself deletes them when i reapply the mutations via debug.

“Apply” the mod.

• Select the mod
  • Apply
    There are messages that help more, like that you need empty the gun first.

Someone know why I cannot made the Firestation camp? Is not implemented?

I see the problem. I still had a clip inside the gun, but it still didn’t tell me.

Anyway, the CBM stuff was bugging me and I figured out how to remove it, I think. Telescopic eyes cbm is pretty mediocre compared to the 4 mutations I lost putting it on.

Same here. Not sure about install them. But I choose near and far sighted to start.

I chose near and far sighted, and mutated to chimera. Got amazing mutations like scout, which canceled out my near sightedness, infrared, and full night vision. When i installed the telescopic thing i lost all of them, and I tried to just debug them back but it didn’t work. I can live with being farsighted, but man, not having full night vision is the worst.

Uninstall the bionic dont remove the bonus?
Sorry if I dont understand. I m not the best at english.
Not sure about scout. But in old versions I m sure I got all these powers together.

Can somreone provide info on how the mutant meat works?, i seem to see a toxin section for it too, but how dangerous is it?

It reduces your Health, meaning you will heal slower and be more vulnerable to disease.

1 Like

you can safely eat 800 calories per day of mutant meat. more than that will cause a build-up of toxins.

1 Like

in a 24hr cycle?, or when the calendar day changes (i.e. spring 70 to spring 71?

There’s no reason to eat mutant meat given how absurdly plentiful food is at the moment.

Would you care to elaborate?, i started at a vandalized shelter (i know normal ones have a lot of food),and since i always try to eat at least 1k of calories per day so i dont get underfed, the went down fast, but i found a basement with cockroaches so…

Eat pine nuts or cattails, etc.
Or go kill a deer or a moose.

If you can make up a brazier & start a fire, you have a great food source. Kill a roach, butcher it and bon appetit! The butchery refuse will eventually spawn more roaches, so in theory you have a basement roach farm.

Pine trees are a continuous bonanza and you can pretty much feed yourself off them indefinitely. Remember to keep dropping the pine boughs as you harvest, you want an inventory full of pine cones. (10 pine cones will feed you for a day, which takes less than 30 seconds to get and they keep indefinitely).

Most Farm Fields have 100+ units of wheat lying there for the taking at 500 calories each, just need a food processor to turn it into flour.

Once you’re in a position for it (survival skill, decent knife, long rope + leather tarp + saw) you can go kill a cow at a dairy farm and do Full Butchery for hundreds of meat and fat. Make sausages or throw it all in a vehicle freezer.

1 Like